Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas Joy

It's been a whirlwind around here lately. Had a lovely visit with our son in Boston and arrived home yesterday afternoon. I started laundry and ran to the grocery. My daughter called said she had an accident at work and she needed me to take her to the ER. So off I went and several hours later she is fine and taking today off of work. She should be back at it tomorrow. My MIL is still hospitalized and as soon as we finish work tomorrow we will be off to help and visit with her for the weekend. Christmas may be very sad this year. I have absolutely nothing done. Maybe I will just take everyone out for a shopping spree after Christmas. Is at down at my desk tonight and spotted this image that I had printed. I decided I needed a little craft therapy. Life seems out of control right now.





The image is the progressive stamp this month at Imagine That! I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches. I usually post the sketch but kind of in a hurry so I can pack and get ready for tomorrow. The sketch also came with a bingo compnent: I used ribbon, embossing and flowers. The ribbon is a textured ribbon toward the bottom of the card under the tag and flowers. Kind of difficult to see. The image is die cut with Spellbinders Labels 13 and the sentiment is cut with a Spellbinders tag die.

I am entering these challenges:

That's it for today. Hope your weekend is special. Not much crafting here as I will be sitting in a hospital all weekend. Take care.

Donna

15 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is adorable. Hope life settles down. Keep making cards to keep yourself calm. Glad you joined the monthly challenge at Imagine That!

Stef H said...

this is just adorable.
glad you're home safe and sound.
keeping you in my prayers that your holiday is smooth and all the family is here.

hugs :)

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Oh this is beautiful. Love the design you used. The image looks great with that die cut as well. Thanks so much for playing along with us at progressive monthly challenge at Imagine That.
Lynne DT

Patricia St Martin said...

OMGoodness Donna this card is so adorable. I love the darling image and your layout of the paper. The tag is perfect and the flowers are so pretty. Thanks for stopping by. I have to tell you I have no idea why my word verification is coming up and I tried to change it and I have it on NO so it should not be doing this. So I did a comment on my blog and just hit PUBLISH THIS cannot remember just what it said and it posted my comment with out doing the word verification. Just wanted to let you know.
Hugs, Pat

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Donna,

eine wunderschöne Karte hast du gestaltet. Ich danke dir für die Teilnahme an der Imagine That Challenge. Ganz liebe Grüße Silvi

Rachael said...

The stamp is so cute, and I love the traditional colours in the papers. Thanks for sharing it with us at Sentimental Sundays x

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous thanks for joining us at my imagine that and good luck in the draw
hugs Tonnie

Stef H said...

o my! hope daughter is ok. glad your time in boston was good and that you're home safe and sound.

card is stunning!

hugs :)

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card, this image is so cute. Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love your card Donna; bright and cheery! Such an adorable image and great take on the sketch!

Don't worry about the shopping --Wrap up pictures of the items you were going to give; or give gift certificates this year. Your family will understand.



Melissa Craig said...

Great job with the sketch and the added elements. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Sorry things are so rough for you right now!! Praying things get better for you!

Your card is adorable and I hope your crafting time really was therapy!
Thanks for playing along with us this week at TMS!!

Erum Tasneem said...

so adorable!
Thank you for sharing this at Sentimental Sundays.

Jessi Fogan said...

I can't imagine how difficult everything must seem right now. Shopping after Christmas sounds like an excellent solution to how chaotic things are right now. Sending you lots of love & hugs, Donna!

Deanne Saunders said...

Adorable!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IMAGINE THAT! challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...