Thursday, November 18, 2021

P is for Purple

 Another Christmas card today! This one in a non-traditional color. I used the image for one of my progressive challenges.


My MIL would have loved this card as purple was her favorite color. I used the pre-colored image from Imagine That Digi of the Month called Truckin' Santa Paws. Since the truck was purple I stayed with that theme. I thought both designer papers in the background were from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles. I found one of them but the "knit sweater" paper I haven't been able to find. That one might also be an Imagine That paper but I couldn't find it there either.


I used Gina Marie Designs Stitched Diamonds to die cut the image and other panels. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things Happy Pawlidays. I used Diamond Stickles for the snow and Santa hats in the image. I am entering these challenges:
That's it for me for right now. Thursday is our volunteer day so we'll be busy. Thanks for stopping by. Stay safe. Peace and all good.

Donna





12 comments:

Beccy said...

The sweater background is awesome Donna, what a great design! I love the purple... it's nice to see non-traditional colours for Christmas too. You did a great job colouring the cute image, everything coordinates beautifully. Well done!
Cheers,
Beccy

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hi, Donna, I just read what you wrote over at Beccy's and wanted to stop in to say I'm thinking of you. I teared up as I read it. This time of year must be particularly difficult for you as you remember Alexander. Sending love, hugs, and heartfelt wishes. Your card is gorgeous - I like this sketch and maybe I'll join this one!

Lori m said...

Wow...love the color theme and the Santa Paws, awesome papers for background, hugs, Lori m

designbydonna said...

Very pretty card with the purples. I like to see colors other than the standard red and green. If you have more of that background, make another non-traditional color in a valentine.

Patti said...

Whoa, those great stitched diamonds were just made for this sketch!! I like how we remember loved ones when we craft certain things. What a great use of the P/purple challenge also. Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Debbie said...

So cute! That knit sweater paper is awesome! And your image is adorable!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie - TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Debi said...

Fab card. Love the sweater design paper. Reminds me I need to post my IT card. Thanks for playing at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Debi TMS DT

Andrea W said...

Your coloring looks terrific and I too love purple. So glad you joined us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Melissa Craig said...

What a fun Christmas card! Who thinks to use purple. And it's fantastic!! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper November challenge - I hope to see you again soon. x

MeSi said...

I love that purple colour and the image is fun and cute. Thank you for sharing at The Paper Shelter Challenge, hope to see you again!

Merja DT

LOU said...

Love the purple Donna.
Thanks so much for joining us for our Love to Craft Challenge for November 2021.
We hope to see you again soon,
Lou DT xo
JemLou Productions

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...