Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Anniversary

 It's been a while, friends! I just haven't had the heart to craft in the last week. Today I am showing you the last card I made before I took the break. Last week was a tough week. It started out pretty normal but really went downhill starting Monday evening. I started feeling sick on Monday evening and went to bed early. Tom started feeling sick on Tuesday. I didn't get out of bed on Tuesday until Tom made me get up at 5pm. Only had a few crackers all day long. We got hit with some kind of flu but fortunately it wasn't Covid. Took us a couple of days to recoup but we are much better. Shortly after I recovered I got a message from a friend informing me that another close card-making buddy had suddenly passes away. Valerie was taken from us way too soon. The card I am showing you today was for her and her husband.


Valerie and her husband haven't seen each other since before Christmas. Ted had been sick and in and out of the hospital many times over the last year. Things were looking up and he was stable and she thought he would come home soon when I talked with her last week. And suddenly she was gone. I can imagine her DH is devastated. This card was addressed and ready to go to the PO. But I am sending a sympathy card instead. This broke my heart and shut me down last week. 
The image and sentiment are from DeeDee's Digis (sadly closed). I used several dies to cut various pieces for the card and used a sketch but I am sure the sketch is closed by now. Today I have a sense of urgency to get some Easter cards done. So I'll be back with short posts later today. Thanks for stopping by. Stay safe. Peace and all good!

Donna



 

2 comments:

Suze said...

You have had had a bad time of it recently. Glad you and hubby are starting to feel better. I hope you continue to pick up and can back to the things you love doing.
Condolences on the loss of your friend.
Your card is beautiful. I miss DeeDee's Digis too.

Lori m said...

So glad you're feeling better Donna, beautiful cards, hugs, Lori m

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...