Sunday, January 5, 2014

Birthday by the Numbers

I am watching the snow fall and I just watched the Indianapolis mayor ask that all schools close for tomorrow because of the intensity of the storm. It started as snow and turned to freezing rain and now it's back to snow again. It's very messy and I am really glad I don't have to be out in it today.I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring for work but I guess we'll see.
How about those Colts yesterday! They really hung in there and pulled out a great game. Go Colts! Can't wait for next week's game!
While the snow falls, I have time to craft, while keeping an eye on the football action today. I have a birthday card this time that I wasn't sure I'd like at first but it's growing on me.

I think I got this paper on clearance at Hobby Lobby. It was in a pack so I wasn't able to see all the papers. I don't use this paper much but this was perfect for the challenge at Seize the Birthday. I used the sketch from Clean & Simple. I punched our three of the pieces of the designer paper and then die cut the flowers from Heart Felt Creation dies. After I popped up the flowers I used Fruit Punch Stickles on the purple flowers (although it looks gold in the picture) and Purple Stickles on the pink flower. I embossed the Happy Birthday sentiment with black embossing powder. Pretty easy but fun. I am entering these challenges:
Here's hoping your Sunday is safe, warm and dry. Thanks for visiting today.

Donna

6 comments:

Glenda said...

So pretty! A very happy card for someone's birthday!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

How clever and great CAS card. Isn't it great to use paper that's been sitting around and then the perfect challenge comes along to use it. We hoped for snow but nothing happened. Just cold cold cold and windy.

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is a stunner, Donna. I adore your wonderful design!!

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous Donna, love your design and the wonderful numbered paper! Great card, love it!
hugs
Glenda

Colleen said...

Well, I think the really fun thing about this card and the background, is that it could be for anyone, any age! Way to go! Love it! Thank you so much for linking up to Seize the Birthday!

Glenda J said...

Fabulous patterned paper on this cool design! Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...