Monday, January 6, 2014

Baby It's Cold Outside

Happy Monday! The last time I checked we had made it up to 0! It was -8 when I got up this morning. Tonight it's supposed to be -14 as a low. The wind chill makes it even colder. Last night a blue moon must have occurred because Indiana University closed all campuses for today.  I can count on one hand the number of times IU has closed for anything. So I got a free day from work. So crafting is what I am doing.

This is a card I made using a new Spellbinder's Mbossabilities folder that I bought in a clearance sale. I love the pattern. I rubbed the embossing with another color of green ink to make the embossing stand out. I colored the rose (from my stash) with Copics. I used a few new rolls of washi tape also. The sentiment is from a retired Stampin' Up! set called Small Script. It was one of the first sets I ever bought from Stampin' Up! I stamped and cut the sentiment from the same color as the background and then embossed it and lined it up with the background. I like this one. I am entering these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today! I do hope you are warm and dry wherever you are. At least we have a gorgeous winter wonderland outside. Hope your week is off to a great start.

Donna

7 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

Such fabulous embossing! Love it Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Glenda Atkins said...

Love the embossing on this card and the rose is so beautiful, fabulous card! A free day from work and time to craft, I guess the darn weather is good for something LOL!
hugs
Glenda

Shelly Schmidt said...

You are having all of the fun! Love the colored embossing- and the rose- fabulous!!!

Deb said...

Love the embossing and brightly colored rose. Stay warm! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

cheiron said...

Love the embossed BG and vivid flower. Thank you for playing along in with our Something New Challenge this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Unknown said...

Love that embossing folder. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for that one! Your entire card is really nice. The pop of red is fantastic!
I'm just north of you in Indy so I'm sharing your frozen misery. Enough already, right? Spring just can't get here soon enough!
Thanks so much for sharing this week at CAGI. We hope to see you back very soon!
hugs--
Roberta
Come and Get It Design Team
Queen Bee Paper Crafts

Julie Temple said...

So Pretty! Makes me long for Spring! I am in Iowa, close enough to be sharing the BITTER COLD! Stay warm and thanks so much for joining us this week at Come and Get It!
Julie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...