Monday, July 29, 2013

Craft Your Passion

Happy Monday! A new challenge is starting over at Craft Your Passion and Doodle Pantry is sponsoring this week's challenge. The challenge was to make something 3 dimensional. I always love a challenge like this one so off I went to find something I thought would be fun and useful. So I started my Christmas gifts by making this luminaria.


Some of the pictures are a little fuzzy. I don;t think the camera could decide what to hone in on. I used the Vintage Lamppost image from Doodle Pantry and printed it on vellum 4 times. I used the instructions from Splitcoast Stampers. I added a Martha Stewart punched border to the top. The designer paper is from Doodle Pantry Poinsettia stamp set. I decorated each of the sides with pre-made flowers and Spellbinder foliage die cuts.
This is what it looks like in the dark and all lit up! I think it turned out very pretty and already have plans to make a few more as Christmas gifts.


I hope you will join along with Craft Your Passion challenge this week. You could win some awesome goodies from Doodle Pantry.
I am entering this project in these challenges:
Hope your week is off to a wonderful start.

Hugs,
Donna

8 comments:

Stef H said...

you are way more creative than i give you credit for. nice friend i am huh???? this is gorgeous! absolutely gorgeous! i wouldn't even attempt it. actually i'm lazy - LOL. plus you'll have a nice head start on xmas for sure!

no trouble with the weed wacker except i get out there over to the weeds and it does like 1/3 of what i needed to do and it runs out of wire. nice neighbor. he could have at least FILLED it - LOL.

enjoy this fabulous weather.

hugs :)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Donna Donna Donna....I LOVE this. I've done Halloween luminaries but nothing like this...oh yes, I must try this!

Glittered Paws said...

How beautiful - I think I need to add my name to your Christmas list!!! Love it with the light.

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh Donna this is fabulous, very creative and beautiful. Love how it looks when lit up!
hugs
Glenda

Lisa said...

Wonderful 3-D project, the lamps are so pretty!

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup.

Heidi Baks said...

What a gorgeous luminaria! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Dawn said...

this is so beautiful!!!

alethea said...

Great 3D project! Thanks for joining us at CYP! HUgsxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...