Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hugs to You

Greetings! So sorry that I have had such limited time to craft lately. Last week was very busy and this week I am getting ready to leave for Austria to see my son, Steve, who is there for three months learning his new job. I'm looking forward to seeing him on Friday and getting away from my job for a while. We leave Thursday afternoon and arrive in Austria on Friday morning. It's more than a 14 hour trip but I know it will be worth it. So my poor blog will be neglected again for a while but maybe I'll be able to post some pictures from the trip.

One of the things I had hoped to work on this week is the Outlawz big 1000 member party. Lots of fun things going on with over $800 in prizes to be given away. It would be well worth it to join the Outlawz community. I've had great fun playing in their challenges and I've actually won a couple times in the past few months. Stop on over and check the party out!

My card is for a couple of challenges. It's a CAS card that I really like.

First, I used the sketch challenge at Clearly iStamp for the card. The second challenge is for Outlawz Sunday CAS challenge. The challenge this week was "to choose an item that you have in your stash that is either unopened or rarely used. Something that is "haunting" you to give it some love." So there are several things that I used on this card that would fit that bill. The image I used is from a brand new Penny Black set I just got. I used three embossing folders that I seldom use: Diamond Plate, Harlequin and Moroccan Screen. And then I changed the corners using punches that I haven't used in quite a while.


Thanks for stopping today. I'm going to try to post a few more times before I leave on a jet plane this week. Hope you have a wonderful week. 



5 comments:

Lorie said...

What a super sweet card Donna...I love the colors you chose and that image...adorable!

I'm so excited for you and your trip! I know it will be amazing! Have a great time!

Cassie said...

Oh Donna, how cute!! Great fall colors, and your image is adorable! The pearls are the perfect touch for this sketch. I'm so glad you joined us for CIC37 :D

Marlene said...

Aww, your card is adorable, Donna! Have a fantastic, safe trip to Austria. :)

Shell said...

Oh, how precious!!! I love that you used different textures on each panel and that you varied the corners. So cute. Thanks for playing CIC!!

Kathy D. said...

Well, Shell took the words out of my mouth...I also like how you did each strip with a different texture.

Thanks for trying out the Sketch on www.clearlyistamp.typepad.com
Hope to see you on Friday when the new challenge is posted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...