Friday, October 16, 2009

Stuck on Windshield Wiper Cards

Hello, and happy Friday! My favorite time of the week: Friday after 5pm. No more work for the week! Tonight I made another windshield wiper card. I already had the paper cut and scored with my Scor-Pal and I wanted to do another one to cement the technique in my mind. It took me so long to figure out the first time I didn't want to lose the idea. LOL!


So my card was made for two challenges. The first was a color challenge on the Cuttlebug Challenge blog. The challenge was to use red, black, white, and olive green. My first wiper card was also those colors because I thought the Cuttlebug challenge would work for that card until I went back to read it again. It had to be a fall or Halloween card. So this is version #2. I used the Leafy Branch embossing folder on the black background and also the Swiss Dots folder on the wiper background.



The sketch for the card front is from Little Paper Shop. The image is from the Gina K Holiday Cheer Stamp TV Kit. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Everyday Classics. I punched the sentiment with a Stampin' Up! word window punch. The leaves are punches I bought at the LSS.


If you get a chance and you want a fun challenge, stop by either Little Paper Shop Blog or the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog and join in the fun! Challenges have become my inspiration these days!

Here's hoping your weekend is lovely. I'd like it to warm up a bit here and be sunny but we can't have everything. My son in Boston emailed me this morning and said it was snowing so I will be thankful for small favors! It's not snowing here. Thanks for stopping by and be sure to come back anytime!

Happy inking,

5 comments:

Stampinsilvia said...

this is super cute! I love the wiper cards and the LPS sketch looks perfect on it! Thanks for playing!

Allison Rankin said...

Love this color palette and card design! Thanks for playing!

Carolyn King said...

Looks awesome...I am gonna have to try this sometime!

Rosanne said...

Terrific cards!

csroyal said...

Wow!! Super job! Glad to see you at Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot!

Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...