Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pretty in Pink!

Happy Saturday to you all. I hope your weekend is fun filled and warm! So far mine has been nice. My son and his girlfriend came home for a break from college. We haven't seen him since he left in August so it's nice to catch up with him!

Yesterday was kind of an interesting day. I had two messages on a previous post telling me I should check out some blogs. One was the Character Cafe Blog. I visited their blog hop this week. They had some really cute images and I won the entire October release. So, if that wasn't enough, I found another comment from my friend, Meda, in Romania. She told me to check out two places, the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog and her blog. During the month of September they were celebrating their birthday and if you follow my blog you know that I posted lots of projects centered around my theme of 'new beginnings.' Well, my projects won an honorable mention and some more fun digi stamps. And to top it off I had won a blog candy from Meda's blog too. Can't wait to see what everything is. Meda is an amazing designer and one of the things I won was everything she made for the Cuttlebug challenge. Really cool! So that was my exciting Friday!

Now on to the cards! If you follow my blog you know that I was asked to guest design in October for Christmas Cards All Year 'Round. So their challenge was to make Christmas cards using pink for Breast Cancer Awareness month. I sent them several cards because I couldn't choose which one I liked best. The perfectionist in me made me make more than one to send. LOL! The fourth card down is the one they chose to display. You can see it and all the other DT's cards at the link above. But here are my five cards that I made for this month's challenge.

This particular card I used a Stamp TV Thursday sketch challenge. Love that little Santa with his gift. I think the stamp is from Inkadinkadoo stamps.

This card was made from a Stampin' Up! set. It's a little difficult to see but the verse at the top is really on the inside of the card. I made a window at the top.

The other challenge that these cards work for is Little Paper Shop Merry & Bright challenge. The challenge was to use nontraditional colors for a Christmas cards. I think these all apply. Wouldn't you agree? Little Paper Shop just released four new adorable sets. Check them out and play along with the challenge! You could win the entire new release!

This is the card that's displayed at Christmas All Year 'Round. Only using pink was a real challenge!

And this is my last card. I folded the ends of the background paper and sent it through my crimper. It made a very neat background. I wanted to do something a little different with this one but since I was trying to use all pink I came up with this. I have to try it again with different colors!

Sorry for such a long post today. I've been slacking in the posting department this week but I hope to get some new things done this weekend. Make it a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy inking.

6 comments:

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Wow, love all the pink cards!! Great work and thanks for playing along!

Allison Rankin said...

You are on a roll with the pink cards! I think the simple one with So Many Scallops may be my fav!

T... said...

Donna, you out did yourself with my pink challenge, love all your cards.........

Corina said...

SOOO pretty!! Love the way you worked the pink!

Stampinsilvia said...

WOWza! these are all super cute! lots of fab pink cards! Thanks for playing with LPS!

Deanne Clarke said...

Donna, I love your cards!!! Amazing work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...