Monday, January 12, 2009

Recycled Items

On Courtney's blog I saw a challenge to use an item that could be recycled to make a card. I often find things in strange places that I think would look great on a card. So here's my attempt at using a section from a tissue box that we emptied this past weekend.


The background is from the tissue box. I used dark blue cardstock for accents. The scallop punch was used to do the border. The rose is from A year in flowers by Melanie Muenchinger, one of my favorite sets! I used the Scor-Pal to emboss lines on the right side of the card. I colored the rose, stem, and leaves with Kooh-i-nor Woodless pencils. Love them too.

I had computer problems over the weekend so I wasn't able to post, but it gave me more time to work on cards. So I have lots of things to share this week. Thanks for stopping by today; stop back soon.

Happy inking,
Donna

2 comments:

Lorie said...

This is very pretty! What an inventive thing to use on a card!

Dani said...

This is very pretty, that rose is just gorgeous! Great job! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...