Saturday, January 17, 2009

Birthday Organizer and More….

Last weekend I ran into a blog entry that challenged the Papertrey Ink design team to share their ideas for being organized in getting birthday cards in the mail and on time! So I decided I wanted to take the challenge but take it a step further. I needed a system to keep my cards organized as well as be able to organize my birthday and anniversary cards. So this post is all about what I’ve worked out.



I bought a box of Clementines last weekend and decided to use the box to help me organize.



The first thing I did was cover the box to make it looked presentable. Here’s what I came up with.


I made dividers for birthdays and anniversaries. When I finish a card for that particular month or a particular person I can store it behind the right divider.



I also made dividers for extra cards that I make, not made exactly for a certain person. That way if I need a certain kind of card in a hurry, I can look behind the right divider.


My categories include birthday, fall, get well, Christmas, sympathy, thank you, baby, wedding, valentine, and all occasion. I may add more as I go through the year. I tried to stamp something that would remind me each category. Several of them I used Stampin’ Up!’s set Pun Fun.

So after I added the birthday month dividers to the box, I had my final product.





Thanks to the Papertrey Ink design team who gave me the incentive to get organized in 2009. Hope you’ve enjoyed my project. Take the challenge and get organized for 2009. Thanks for stopping by.

Happy inking,

Donna

3 comments:

Meda said...

Wow! That is so nice, Donna! You had a great idea to put both birthday and other cards organized in the same box! It seems everyone is getting their cards organized. We had a card organization tutorial on the Cuttlebug Challenge blog too this Mongay. See the post here

Lorie said...

That is a fantastic idea...way to go!

sassyb07 said...

Hi Donna
I absolutely love your organizer box! It's fantastic! What a brilliant idea! I think I'm going to try this one.
hugs, Valerie
www.cardsbyval.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...