Thursday, October 15, 2020

Pizza my Heart

 Happy Thursday! We are heading toward Friday and the weekend. My FIL and DH's nephew are coming for a visit this weekend. I hope to work on my FIL's Christmas cards since he wants 30 of them. I've got a start so while they are out playing with all of Tom's equipment, I can work on putting together his Christmas cards. It would be so awesome to get them done this weekend. But before we leave for baby Creek I needed my son's birthday card done because I'll need to mail it first thing next week. So here's what I came up with for his birthday card!


The designer paper is from Imagine That! Digis by Kris as is the pizzas from a stamp set called Love You 2 Pizzas. I mounted the DP on a kraft card stock base. Then I added the top and bottom pizza and popped up the middle pizza to give it some dimension. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things Pizza My Heart stamp set stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink. The inside sentiment is also from the MFT stamp set (at least most of it. It says, 'Here's a Big Slice of Happy" and I added Birthday to it. I think this came out so cute. Hope he likes it! I am entering these challenges:
I am hoping to be back early next week with some more cards. Have to get through the weekend first. The twins will be coming out with their parents for lunch on Sunday. So we'll get to see them and they'll get to see their great-grandfather. Hope it's a fun weekend. Stay safe and God bless!

Donna


13 comments:

Barbara said...

I have a grown son and I find it hard to make cards for his birthday in the masculine theme. This is fantastic and so creative. I am sure that he will get a kick out of it. I did! Thanks for joining in the fun at Seize the Birthday Challenge.
Barbara DT

Lori m said...

Oh Donna, this is fantastic, great Birthday card, Happy Birthday to your son. Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Lori m

Carol W said...

What a fun card Donna. I'm sure your son will love it. I hope you will be able to get the cards done without too many interruptions. :)

Melissa Craig said...

Awww - I love it! Those pizza boxes are a perfect stack. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card with those fantastic pizzas and that matching text.
Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
xxx Margreet DT

Debbie said...

Such a fun card! Love the pizzas and sentiment!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Darnell said...

What a fun design, Donna! That background pp looks exactly like a tablecloth in a pizza restaurant and those boxes of pizzas are so cute! I'm sure he will get a big kick out of it! Enjoy tomorrow and keep safe. Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Bunny said...

A great birthday card. I'd so love to have a pizza right now. We've been trying to cut down on our high calorie foods because of our inactivity due to COVID.

Andrea W said...

Using the pizza boxes was a fun choice for the sketch and it turned out super cute. So glad you joined us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

KathyA. said...

Noticed your card when I posted mine to NBUS and had to stop by to tell you that I am now so hungry for PIZZA! Honestly, your card is wonderful! I always loved Imagine That digis so was fun to see that image with the perfect sentiment. TFS! Kathy A at myasperations.blogspot.com

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation, love it! Thank you for sharing with us over at Love To Craft. We hope to see you again.
~ DT Sherry xx

Cindy Beach said...

Donna, this is such a great perfect card.Love that image! Hope you got all your cards made, Your list sounds quite ambitious!

Kristine said...

Love it Donna!! Happy (very belated) Birthday to your son :) Sorry I didn't get here sooner - evidently I don't get notified when there's a new link :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...