Thursday, June 4, 2020

Time for Another Birthday

Happy Thursday! The weekend is almost here. Our weather has been hot and sticky and is predicted to continue for a while. Not the usual for this time of year, We have the twins tomorrow so we'll be filling up their little swimming pool and letting them water play for a while. We'll probably spend the weekend out at our other property as my DH is remodeling the barn and literally raising the roof. LOL! Next week is his 65th birthday so today's card is his birthday card.


The image (pocket watch and handkerchief) and plaid paper is from Beccy's Place and is the freebie for this month. I die cut the image (and smaller background square) with MFT Inside and Out Stitched Rounded Squares. The plaid paper I die cut with the stitched A2 die from MFT Blueprints 13 die set (retired). The sentiment is computer-generated. The sparkle in the background is ribbon over top of blue digi paper. The ribbon is from our daughter's wedding. I wonder if he will remember that? (Not in a million years! LOL!) I am entering these challenges:
I'm going to try to start another card this evening but it probably won;t get completed with the twins coming tomorrow, Valerie loves to get into my cards and peel off the embellishments so I really have to hide my craft supplies while they are here. Arthur loves the markers. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my hubby's 65th birthday card. Have an awesome weekend! Stay safe out there.

Donna


4 comments:

Beccy said...

I love this card Donna, it's fabulous! The blue glitter really adds a lot of "wow" factor. You've done a fantastic job combining the image, the digital paper and the elements from the bingo game, and I love your interpretation of the sketch too. Wonderful!
Cheers,
Beccy
P.S. Happy birthday to your hubby for next week!

Lori m said...

Enjoy your weekend, Happy Birthday to your hubby, awesome card, love the time piece, hugs, Lori m

Heather said...

Donna, this is such a fabulous guy card - what great images, and you've paired them with the perfect papers! I really love the stitching detail here, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hi, Donna! Your card is gorgeous and I especially love that plaid paper! It printed out so beautifully, along with Beccy's image. I hope my printer will do it justice! I missed her challenge last month so I need to get my act together!

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I have to confess that I know exactly what you mean. I have always found the Double Trouble themes confusing, and I usually end up reading them 2-3 times until I "get it." In the current challenge, all that's needed is a masculine card, a round element(s), and to enter the challenge at Use Your Stuff, which happens to be masculne cards. That way, you'd achieve all 3 "things". I hope you'll think about it and come over and join the challenge! I'd like to see you there! Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...