Thursday, June 18, 2020

Penguins

Happy Thursday! I worked on a card last night after the twins went home but it got too late for me to add it to my blog. Volunteering at Opportunity House in the early morning and then having the twins for the better part of the day does me in. This morning Tom and I are off to Teacher's Warehouse to volunteer a couple hours, then we'll probably pick up something for lunch to celebrate our 43rd anniversary and then go work on the barn at Baby Creek. The weather is supposed to heat up again very soon and we badly need rain. But every time the twins come we fill up their swimming pool and then water the garden. LOL! So here's the card I made last night.


I made this for a couple of challenges so I did a bit of research on penguins. They are classified as birds and they do have "wings" but they are called flippers. They use their "wings" to fly through water the way a bird would fly through air. So I think this will apply to the "things with wings/fly" challenges. The cute penguin is from Pattie's Creations called Pearl the Penguin. I colored it with Spectrum Noir markers and die cut the image with MFT Inside and Out Stitched Rounded Squares.  The sentiment is from Dee Dee's Digis (out of business) and I die cut the sentiment with Clear Dollar Stamps (also out of business) Designer Labels. The background paper is from American craft and the stripe is from Papers by Lozzy called Micro Dots.I used a snowflake punch to create the snowflake. I used embossing ink and glitter embossing powder to make the snowflake sparkle. I am entering these challenges:
I am off to start the day. Hope your day is amazing! Please stay safe and healthy!

Donna


5 comments:

cass said...

Cute card, love the penguin. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation in our Things with Wings challenge at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

Pattie G said...

This is so cute!I love how you colored my image called Pearl The Penguin...Thanks for joining us again at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.
Hugs
Pattie ♥

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Cute card, I love this image.
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards
Danka
TTCRD
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

jimlynn said...

Love the color combination on this pretty, pretty card for Christmas! So fun with that cute penguin too.
Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.
Lynn

Pattie G said...

Donna,
I just wanted to let you know that you are our winner at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge. Please contact me to claim your prize!

Pattie ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...