Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Celebrate Your Birthday

It's a new week already. My weekend was packed and today was the first chance I've had to do any crafting. I made a grocery run this morning, finished laundry, made tomorrow's lunch (we have the twins), transplanted my marigolds and tied tomatoes, etc. So it was later this afternoon before I had a chance to make this card.


The image is from QKR Stampede called Enjoy the Sun. I colored him with Spectrum Noir markers on shimmery card stock. I fussy cut the image. The designer papers that I used on the card are from my scrap bin. I think the water paper is from the Stamp Studio. The others I'm not sure of. The sentiment is from 2 different (retired) Gina K stamp sets. "Celebrate is from a 2009 stamp set called Lazy Days of Summer and "your birthday" is part of a sentiment from a 2010 Stamp TV Kit called Enjoy the Sunshine. The sentiments were die cut with MFT Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips. The sun is from Spellbinder's Sunny Days stamp and die set. The sentiment and bear are popped up with foam tape. The "sandy" paper was die cut with MFT Stitched Circles. This will be my nephew's summer birthday card.
I am entering these challenges:
Just in case you think I whiled away the weekend in the sun (well I was in the sun but not relaxing) here's what we are up to.

We are raising the roof on the back of our barn. We managed to get the trusses built and up and then added some of the purlins for the sheeting. It's quite the project and than goodness my husband and FIL know what they are doing because I sure don't. But I can follow orders pretty well. On Sunday we had the twins and their parents out for a cookout at lunchtime. They got to play in our pond and when we tired of the pond they came back to the trailer and played in our rain barrel.
Valerie is a little water baby and Arthur is much more reticent but once he gets going he thinks it's great too. That's my daughter, their Mom, in the background. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a super week. Stay safe out there.

Donna


12 comments:

Dena J said...

A very fun, colorful card!
Wow, that is quite a barn project. You are one busy lady❤ enjoy the sun, twins, and crafting with us at Atlantic Hearts.

Margaret Mifsud said...

A really fun card! Great design and cute image. Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

Melanie Hungerford said...

I love your take on our sketch! The bear looks so cool, lounging by the water, which is a really neat background paper. Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
Melanie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love your browned off bear in the sun, love the water paper and how you have used the sketch. A Super card. I thought I had been busy yesterday, but you are one busy busy lady with time for grandchildren also. Good for you. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Faith A my blog

pssmitty papercrafts said...

Your card is so cute! & I love the the picture of the little ones in the rain barrel - those are the things they will remember always! Thanks for sharing with AHSC.

Glenda Atkins said...

A wonderful, fun card and the image is delightful. Wow Donna, you guys are busy and the twins sure have grown. Must drop in more often. Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
big hugs
Glenda

Judy McKay said...

Adorable image. Love your masculine card, the theme is perfect. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

April said...

What cute twins. And that bear has got to be hot sitting in the sun on that beach. LOL. thanks for joining us at the Creative Knockouts Challenge.
April

Kelly Schelske said...

This is a fun one too! That paper looks exactly like water! Love it!

Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts, I hope you join us again this time around! Good Luck!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

What a delightful card! This adorable image just makes me smile (as well as the cuties in the barrel!) Thanks for sharing this fabulous card with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week. Please join us again soon!
:) Marie

Brandi said...

I love it, he is laid back, what a cutie! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

crafty said...

Very nice fun card. Thank you for joining in Crafty Cardmakers masculine challenge.
Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...