Wednesday, May 22, 2019

I'm a Froot Loop

Last week, as we drove to Ohio for a funeral of a friend, I realized that I had spaced my brother's birthday. And of course I didn't have a belated birthday card made so I needed to make something quick. Since my eye surgery, my heart hasn't been into card making. But I managed  to get this card done last night.

I found this sentiment in my belated birthday digi folder and then went to the Internet to find some matching images. The sentiments (outside and inside) were freebies from Marlene, who has taken her blog down. But she always had a quirky sense of humor that I liked. I was sad to see her take it down. The frame and sentiment on the front of the card was die cut with MFT Single Stitch Rectangle Frames. The border is punched with Martha Stewart French Scroll. The ric rac is from my stash. I tried to match card stock colors with the Froot Loops.

The inside sentiment was die cut with Gina Marie Designs Cross-Stitched Rectangles and I added a few more Froot Loops to finish it off.
I am entering these challenges:
I have two more hurry-up cards to make. Both of my sons married the loves of their lives in May so I now need two anniversary cards. I guess I better get on it. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Donna

9 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Great card Donna. Just love the sentiment. I'm sure that your brother will understand.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

LOL! This card cracks me up! Soooo fun and creative!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How fun and festive- and creative of you!!! Great and fun card. Oh, I have digi's from Marlene as well! Hope your Mojo comes back soon- has the surgery affected your vision, or you are just not in a creative mood?

Lori m said...

Awesome....too stinking cute...that's how I feel today lol,hugs, Lori m

Debbie said...

Haha! What a fun card!! I tend to be late for birthdays, so I need this sentiment! :D
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Pam said...

LOL! What a cute and fun card!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

crafty said...

A fun card. Thank you fou joining in the Crafty Cardmakers challenge.
Mary

Melissa Craig said...

This card made me chuckle. Great job. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Janice said...

A perfect belated card, brought a smile to my face, so I’m sure your brother loved it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...