Thursday, December 6, 2018

What the Fruit Cake?

Welcome to Day 6 of Bugaboo's Holiday Chaos. Today is a color challenge. You know how colorful a fruit cake can be. 
So most of you know that color challenges aren't my thing. I usually shy away from them and choose sketch challenges over color anyday. But I've found that if I look at the colors and then go hunt for the right image to use the colors, I can usually do a color challenge without freaking out. I knew this challenge was coming up so I printed off a bunch of fun Bugaboo images that I thought I could use and colored them up to be one step ahead of the game. Oh no, that didn't work. I might have used one of those. Nothing I had done was good enough for the challenges. So I've been starting from square one. So much for my Girl Scout mentality: Be Prepared! Anyway, I went in search of an image that I could use these colors on and I found one pretty quickly!


I used all these colors plus a little black and a little brown. Most of the markers I used were American Craft but there are a few Copics thrown in. The sentiment is from an Old Flourishes stamp set. I used my MISTI to place it in the label. The background papers are from my scrap bin and I think they are Lawn Fawn. I must have gotten them from a Simon Says Card Kit years ago. The image is Bugaboo Christmas Jar. My backing cardstock is a Christmas green color. And I punched two snowflakes from light green glitter paper. I am entering these challenges:
I need to go work on Tom's aunt's 95th birthday card. Her birthday is this weekend and we'll be traveling for her party. Hope the weather improves. We are supposed to get a wintry mix. It started around noon today. Right now it's snowing. The salt trucks have been out all afternoon so hopefully the roads won't be bad. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you'll come back and visit again soon.

Donna

17 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Now I am totally the other way round. Sketches send me fleeing to the hills but a colour challenge then bring it on. Lol.
Love your card and you have all the colours covered. Have a safe trip. Very cold here but no snow. Hugs Mrs A.

Dena J said...

I am a sketch gal, too. If I can match colors to one then it's a win/win...but rarely can I start with color. Your image is so fun. Love Bugaboo for their fun ideas. Whimsy and sass! Thanks so much for playing along with AHSC this week!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, your card is adorable... and the peppermint candies DP is sweet!

Tammy Miller said...

Thanks so very much for joining in for our us with your Thursday color challenge project for our Holiday Chaos at Bugaboo! Your project is a perfect for the theme and we appreciate you taking the time to join our event! Good Luck! Tammy Dt Coordinator

ginadapooh said...

I agree, sketch challenges over color challenges any day of the week for me as well. I think you did an amazing job with this card. I love how you turned the sketch, it makes so much sense seeing it like this. Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts Challenge!

Janice said...

Love this image and the way you have turned the sketch around.

Shelly Schmidt said...

COlor challenges are not my thing either.....but... your card turned out awesome- and now bet you have a ton of images colored for another day/card/etc...! LOL Wonderful job! Do you eat fruitcake?
Shelly GDT

Billie A said...

Oh your card is so darling and yup I see the fruit cake colors.. How can anyone eat it I'll never know but the color are pretty. I like your card and Bugaboo image. So pretty. Thanks for joining our Awkward holiday chaos at Catch the bug.
Billie A
Catch The Bug
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge
Creations In Pink
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Crafty Gals Corner

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, this is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug Awkward Holiday Chaos, Lisa Lynn DT.

Sherry Hickey said...

Your Christmas card it totally cute!! I love the image, your coloring, and the candy background paper! Thanks for joining us at Cards In Envy Challenge and Merry Christmas!

Pam said...

What a cute Christmas card! The image is so cute and I love the peppermint candy paper!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Such a fun card! Love the image and how you coordinated it with the background papers!Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Lori said...

I love every single thing about this fun card! That image is just too cute and the papers so fun! I am right there with you with struggling with color challenges! I don't know why I struggle so much with them! Thanks so much for sharing with us at AHSC! -Lori DT

foleysfriend said...

What a super fun and festive card. I love the super bright colors. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

sue n.

Brandi said...

What a fun card, I love that image, so adorable. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Golden Goddess Designs said...

love this image! great take on the fruit cake! thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge

Alicia

Helen said...

A great creation.

Thanks for joining us at Christmas Crafts All Year Round and all the best for 2019!

Helen x
DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...