Monday, October 15, 2018

It's Dueling Day

Today is the best day of the month. It's dueling day for the Dueling Darlings. Each month we receive a kit from one of the members of our team. We all create a project using the kit and then post of the 15th and check out what everyone else has done. This month or hostesses were Kelly for the Divas and Jeanette for the Dazzlers. They chose the theme of kindness. Since I am a Dazzler I received the kit from Jeanette. Here's what she included:

Stamps: Picket Fence Studio "Comfort Words" and Stampavie "Teddy and Me"
Die: Simon Says Kind Script
Designer Paper: MY Mind's Eye (from an assorted paper pad) and Paper Studio Airy Polka Dot, Diagonal Stripe and Petite Wood Fence
Ribbon: Amuse Studio Silver Organdy, Crafter's Square Black Glitter and Ribbon Boutique Turquoise
Embellishments: Michael's Washi Tape (2 types), Recollections Flowers and Assorted Rhinestones, and Paper Studio Heart Shaped Brads

So here is the card that I made for the duel.

I used the Teddy and Me image colored it with Spectrum Noir markers and then fussy cut it. I loosely followed an old Operation Write Home sketch using two of the designer papers she sent. I used one of the washi tapes and then embellished with the Recollection flowers. The sentiment is die cut with MFT Essential Sentiment Strips. And for the inside:

I used the second sentiment and some of the leftover striped paper backed with black cardstock. I die cut the sentiment with MFT Inside and Out Stitched Rounded Squares. I added one of the little heart rhinestones as embellishment. I hope you'll check out the other Dazzlers' cards. And then see what the Divas did also. Links below.

Dazzlers:
Darlene
Jeanette (our hostess)
Paola (Splitcoast Gallery)
Shelly 
Terry A (Splitcoast Gallery)
Terry L
Tracie
Debby B (Splitcoast Gallery)

Divas:
Barb
Carol
Judy
Heather
Kelly
LJ
Suzy (Splitcoast Gallery)
Tami
Terry S (Splitcoast Gallery)

Thanks for stopping by today. I will leave you with Jeanette's parting words to us.... "and don't forget, Kindness Matters!"

Donna


11 comments:

Pam said...

What an adorable card!That little image is so cute and you colored it beautifully! I love the colors, stripes, polka dots and die cut daisies! The sentiment is perfect and so true!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Darlene LeTavec said...

Oh, Donna, your card is splendid! I love your coloring and fussy cutting the image. It makes it really stand out. I would have never guessed that yellow for the base would work so beautifully! Such a great card for this month!

scrappymo! said...

Your card is darling! That is a sweet image and love your design.

Shelly Schmidt said...

How pretty- I just love your coloring- I love the little girl in yellows! Your sketch is wonderful too. I love our duels as well- so fun to see all of the different 'takes' on the kits and to see what the other team creates with too!

terry serman said...

Very sweet. Great job fussy cutting...I had to check your description to see if you used a die!

Carol W said...

Oh my what a cute card. I love it. Great coloring and layout both inside and out. Great job with this kit.

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Such a cute card and design! Love this Donna.

Barb said...

Donna--your card is so sweet. Great colors and a cute layout too!

MaryH said...

What a perfect card to send someone who needs a bit of encouragement. I think creating a card from a kit somebody else designed would be a big challenge (it would for me!) I love how you've done this, and that little teddy pair is just the sweetest. I love the bold stripes on the side border too! TFS & Hugs

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, your card is adorable. Fabulous coloring and a great design. I love the bright yellow, too!

:: BlueInks :: said...

What great fussy cutting you did ! A sweet image made into an even more sweet card. Super job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...