Saturday, September 15, 2018

It's Dueling Time

The 15th is the Dueling Darlings Day. Hello to all my dueling sisters. This month the Dazzlers' hostess was Debby and the Diva's hostess was Suzy. I am a Dazzler so thanks to Debby for the awesome cute kit that she sent. This month the theme is sunflowers.


In our kit we had: Hammock Hibernation Stampability Stamp; Inked with Memento Black ink' Designer paper from the Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby); and embellishments were from Deb's stash. I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits. I added Glossy Accents to the middle of the sunflower and the bear's nose. I used the honeycomb designer paper, the polka dotted black ribbon and three of the black self-adhesive gems, Deb suggested that we use our favorite sentiments. I really tried to find a fall sentiment to go with this image but just didn't find anything that I liked. So I decided to make this a masculine birthday card and found this "Treat Yourself" sentiment in the Latte Love from Jillibean Soup stamp set. I heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder and die cut it with MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags. The image is de cut with Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitch Rectangles. I hope you'll check out the fun cards from the rest of the Dueling Darlings.
Dazzlers:
Darlene
Jeanette
Shelly
Terry A (Splitcoaststampers Gallery)
Terry L
Tracie
Debbie B (Splitcoaststampers Gallery)

I will be spending today with the twins and my DH. Today is my birthday and I'm sure we'll have a great time together. I always love spending time with the twins. Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful weekend! If you are in the southeast US please know that I am praying for your safety. 

Donna

12 comments:

Tracie said...

Great card Donna - I love how you angled the image. Such fun.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Happy - HAPPY - Birthday Donna! I hope your day is fabulous!

Your Duel card is definitely fabulous. Love the tilt and that strip of ribbon, too!

Pam said...

Very cute card!I love this sweet image and you colored it beautifully! I made a card for my Dad several years ago using this image.
Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day with the twins!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Judy McMullen said...

Darling card, Donna! That stamped image is so cute and love how you colored and highlighted the center of the sunflower and the bear's nose! Nice touch to emboss the image panel too! Love the angled placement of the image panel and the black ribbon.
Wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and many blessings in the coming year!!!

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, this is beautiful. Since this is a nice weekend that would be perfect to be outside doing.

Carol W said...

Donna what a great card. I love the layout you chose. Everything about this card is amazing. I am so glad you joined our group. Happy happy Birthday!

Terry Ladwig said...

This is such a cute card! Love how you used the polka dot ribbon! Great job. Happy Birthday to you!!

Barb said...

Donna--that is such a cute card! I love the layout.

terry serman said...

Such a sweet card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

LOVE THIS WONDERFUL CARD AND BEAUTIFULLY COLORED IMAGE! Whoops- sorry about the caps lock! Your layout is awesome and love how you added the ribbon. enjoy your day with the twins.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

MiamiKel said...

Oh so sweet - lovely card design and your coloring is absolutely amazing! What a fun card, so bright and cheerful!

Yay for another fun duel!

:: BlueInks :: said...

So many colored details you placed on this sweet image. That border looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...