Thursday, September 20, 2018

Birthday Flowers for a Birthday Girl

Almost the weekend. I was supposed to volunteer today but too sick to do that. I am sure they wouldn't have appreciated my coughing, sneezing and blowing my nose all the time. I'm going to go to bed early tonight in hopes that I feel better tomorrow. I have to go to the award ceremony for the Senior Salute. I haven't had a lot of ambition to do anything today. But I managed a very simple card that isn't quite up to my usual standards. Given my handicap this week, I'll live with it.


The image is from Bugaboo called Flower Box. I colored the image with distress inks mixed with  champagne shimmer paint from Stampin' Up. In real life the flowers, leaves and butterflies really sparkle. I sponged a background using distress inks and MFT Mini Cloud Edge Stencil. The background paper is from the Paper Studio. The flourish is from MFT Fancy Flourish die. I die cut the image with MFT Inside and Out Stitched Rounded Squares. The sentiment is from MFT Birthday Cutie stamp set. I finished it off with more sparkly gems in the right top corner. I am entering these challenges:

I am off to get ready for bed. Definitely an early to bed night! Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Take care!

Donna

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Wonderful card! It's not lacking at all!
Hope you feel better soon!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, the swirl on the sketch and on your card sure add a lot to the design. Beautiful!

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, beautiful card especially your sky. Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well - sending you hugs and prayers. Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug BINGO Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

Carol L said...

That's a really cute image, and I love the rounded corners and fun clouds you added! Wishing you better days ahead, and thanks for playing along with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge.

Pam said...

Your card is very pretty Donna! The image is really cute and the vine flourish looks great!
Feel better soon!
Hugs, Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Melissa Craig said...

Hope you're feeling better.

Your card is absolutely lovely. So spring-y! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Lori said...

Super cute card and great coloring! Thanks so much for playing along with our pick a pattern challenge at Scribbles Designs! -Lori DT

Dawn Frost said...

Cute card Donna! Thanks for joining Catch the Bug's bingo challenge, good luck! Dawn Bugaboo DT

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Donna… Thanks for entering your lovely card into the ‘Patterned Papers’ challenge at Scribbles Designs… please join us next time and Good Luck in the draw.
Diane Louise [DT Member, Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...