Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Cool Day

Happy Hump Day! Since I have a four day work week I have two days down and two to go. Definitely a busy week with all kinds of things just cropping up to block getting real work done. Just a regular work week, right? Business as usual. But I made a fun card tonight and I really like the way it turned out.


I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches for this week. And the sentiment and image are from From the Heart Stamps called Wind Blown Penguin. I cut the sentiment with a brand new (and I think it just might be a new favorite) cross stitched rectangle from Gina Marie. The designer paper is from leftovers from a Simon Says Stamp kit. Each of the layers is backed with black card stock. I used the sentiment as the focal point and inked it with Peacock Feather distress ink. The little penguin is colored with Copics and the balloons are covered with Wink of Stella. I finished the card off with some Zva pearl creations.



I am entering these challenges:
Hope you like my card tonight. I love the sparkle and the cross-stitched rectangle die/ Looking forward to the weekend and I hope the rest of your week is awesome!

Donna



10 comments:

Anet's Crafting said...

Adorable card Donna, love the pretty layout. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

What a cute card! You did a great job on the sketch too. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Regards,

TTCRD DT

Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}

Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Pam said...

Very cute card! I love the pearl swirls!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

This is such a cute card, Donna!! I love the colors, papers, and that sweet little penguin! That is a really cool die!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Stef H said...

this is darling!

i can't believe bloglovin has gone wonky again. somedays i get it, somedays i don't. grrrr

hugs :)

Stef H said...

this is gorgeous.

i'm ready for spring to and we're having the same weather as you tho alot of the rain has been missing us. but the temps are mild!

have a great weekend.

hugs :)

Kris B said...

This card is so adorable!! I love your take on the sketch! Great sentiment and cute little penguin! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Melissa Craig said...

Awwww! Thank you joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Tip Top said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

So adorable! Love the image and all your extras, fabulous. Thanks for sharing it with us at Penny’s, hope to see you again!
Jennifer
Simply Papercraft DT
Creative Knockouts DT
Aud Sentiments DT
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge DT
Kitty Bee Designs DT
JessicaLynnOriginal.com DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...