Sunday, November 10, 2013

More Birthday and a Christmas

Happy Sunday! Are you watching football today? My Colts are playing but losing at the moment. Go Colts! The weather is beautiful here. A bit chilly but bright sunshine. A wonderful November day. I was hoping to get some Christmas cards done today So far I have one completed. And a birthday card from yesterday to show y'all! First up the birthday.


I used the Stella sketch at Bugaboo.  The image is from Bugaboo and colored with Bic markers. The sentiment is from Gina K Birthday Greetings. I used the Chevron embossing folder to give texture to the card. I used the Spellbinder Picot Edged Circles. The border is from Martha Stewart. The plaid paper is from MyMemories. I am entering these challenges:

My second card is a Christmas card:
I used the Spellbinder Labels Thirteen set to make a stacked frame. I used all scraps to make the nested frame.The sentiment is from a now defunct stamp company, Little Paper Shop. The candle is an fussy-cut image from Crafting with Jack . The background paper is from Doodle Pantry. I am entering this card into these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by. It looks like my Colts are going to lose. Bummer! Hope your weekend was fabulous and you have a great start to your week. My week is shaping up to be very busy. I am hoping to start feeling better but so far not much getting better. Take care!

Donna


13 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

Love both cards Donna, the first one is adorable and the second one is so lovely, Well done on both!
hugs
glenda

Stef H said...

o do i love the birthday card! how fun! very pretty xmas one too.

the invite i made is a sample. if the moms want to order them from me... i will be charging $30 for 10 invites. actually the store will have a package. facials, nails, pedis and updos PLUS they can rent fancy dresses and tiaras for $150. if they order the invites as part of the pkg, my $30 comes out of the $150. pretty cool huh? of course, i can change the colors on the invite to whatever the birthday girl wants.

i'm scared, nervous and happy all at the same time. we'll see how it works. probably nothing til the spring because its the holidays and the shop just opened and its all brand new.

have a great evening :)

Debbie said...

I love the fun birthday card!! And the Christmas card is just beautiful!!

Beccy said...

Two great cards Donna... I love the penguin, he's very cute and I also love the Silent Night card. The little candle with flowers is lovely.
Cheers,
Beccy

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Two darling cards....one a penguin and one a happy Christmas....gosh, don't think I'll be sending but maybe 3 out if I'm lucky with all the packing. I'm not a football game watcher. God let that out when he made me and wish I could try and like it. I will sick and color or play on my Ipad to at least be with the family while they ALL watch football...lol

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fantastic creations, Donna! Love what you did with the bugaboo sketch, which you nailed. Your Christmas card is so elegant and beautiful.

Thanks so much for your comments, and for supporting DP's OWH fundraiser!

Miss you!!!

Jenny said...

What festive holiday cards Donna! You may want to come on over to the Great Impressions Stamps blog to check if you are a Guess the Christmas Carol winner! :)

http://greatimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com/2013/11/guess-christmas-carol-winners.html

Hugs,

Jenny

JoAnn said...

Great cards. I love the cute little penguin on your birthday card, and the nice border across the middle. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize The Birthday.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing your great Christmas card at HIMCR. I love the papers you used with that image. It gives a very cozy yet elegant feel.
I agree that Sunday's game was a HUGE bummer. Hopefully young Mr Luck and the rest of our Colts can recover and come out swinging next time! (Sure would be great to have Reggie, Vick Ballard, etc, etc back on the field!) Yep, I'm a Hoosier girl too!
Again, thanks for sharing at HIMCR....good luck.
hugs--
Roberta
Hiding in My Craft Room Design Team
Queen Bee Paper Crafts

BethieJ said...

Both cards are WONDERFUL!!
Thanks for joining us at PIO this week!
Have a GREAT day!

Karin said...

Beautiful cards!
Thanks for joining us at with ATSC. Hugs Karin

Laurie HIMCR said...

They are both terrific! Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

Hiding in My Craft Room
~Laurie

Min said...

Super Cute Bday card!
We're so happy you played along with us us for the latest Catch The Bug “Stella Says Sketch" Challenges with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you’ll join us for our new Stella Says Sketch challenge Sunday!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min – Bugaboo Asst. DT Coordinator
Kaymin Kreations

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...