Saturday, November 9, 2013

Fall Birthday Wishes

Happy Saturday evening! Not very often that I post on the weekends but our plans were altered at the last minute this weekend. We were going to pour the concrete floor in the barn at Baby Creek. But the concrete was cancelled because they didn't have enough jobs to make it worthwhile to operate on Saturday. So rather than go out and stay at Baby Creek I decided to stay at home. I've been working on birthday cards today to catch up for November.

This afternoon I watched a video over at Jennifer McGuire's blog. I love Jennifer's blog. She just has so many wonderful ideas for making your cards really special. The video I watched was how to emboss the frame that you see in my card. I just love how easy it is to make a frame on the card. I used a Doodle Pantry pre-colored fall panda image and inked the edges of the Spellbinders circle die cut. The frame is embossed Labels Thirteen. Then I just punched some corner pieces and added the sentiment from Gina K Birthday Greetings. Just an easy to make card.
I'm entering these challenges:

For those who follow my blog, I wanted to let you know about my doctor's visit on Friday. My hearing has not returned yet but he said that the upper respiratory infection has caused fluid to build up in my Eustachian tube and the fluid is causing the hearing loss. So supposedly if we get rid of the fluid my hearing will return. So I am on new medication now and if nothing changes in the next three weeks, he may consider putting tubes in my ears. He said that's unusual for an adult but a possibility. So the saga continues. The meds today made me feel tired all day but hopefully it will make the fluid drain. 

Hope your weekend is awesome! I am thrilled to be crafting again!

Donna

12 comments:

L.Wilson said...

Oh this is SO sweet! Love the embossed shape on white and how you made the image just pop right up with the orange ink sponging. Perfect! Thanks for entering Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 40 and for using a Doodle Pantry illustration!

Stef H said...

what a fabulous card! i must learn that frame technique!

praying for quick healing.

hugs :)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

That is such a happy image and what a wonderful card you made with it! Love that embossing, and the vibrant corner cuts really pop.

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! Love that sweet image! Too cute!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

NanaConnie said...

This is one of my favorite images, Donna, and you've done such a wonderful design with it! Great embossing and I love the way you matched the photo corner colors to the image. How wonderful that you chose to play along in our challenge at Doodle Pantry this week. :-)
NanaConnie DT

Glenda Atkins said...

Absolutley love your background and of course the pumpkin peeps stamp. Super card Donna!
hugs
Glenda

Debbie said...

This is super cute!! I love the embossed frame!! I've tried that but mine don't come out as beautiful as yours!!
Praying you will soon be fluid free and hearing better!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow! Love the embossing and your design. So glad you joined this month's DPDC.

OttawaMom said...

Super cute image and I love the coloured corners. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

What a beautiful card!! Love the die impression you created with the die, it really adds to the focus of that cute image. Thank you so much for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Marsha said...

Corners are a cute idea. Thanks for playing the challenge at Doodle Pantry.

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Donna, I love the look of the embossed frame. I'm gonna have to check that out. Your card is just darling. That image is so sweet! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Doodle Pantry challenge. Also, enjoy your free stamp set from Laurie! I know you will. I hope you will join us again!
Hugs, Sarah T

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...