Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Happy Sailing

I am in a thank you card mode right now so I can send a few thank yous for birthday gifts. This first card is for Tom's brother and sister-in-law who took us sailing last weekend. They even had a small birthday cake for me. So I wanted to send a thank you for the wonderful time we had!

I sponged the background with darker blue ink. The image is from Gina K and the sails were paper pieced. I embossed the lighter blue piece with a border from Just my Type embossing folders and enhanced them with Crystal Stickles. They aren't showing up in the photo but they make it look really cool and shimmery. I added the Thank you sentiment.
The inside is a sentiment from Doodle Pantry.

I used the same paper that I used to piece the sails for the inside. The sentiment is cut with a die from Clear Dollar Stamps. 
I can't wait for the weekend. Work has been busy this week and I've had a bunch of things to catch up with at home. I'm hoping to spend my weekend being crafty! Thanks for stopping by!

Donna

4 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

Hi Donna, just love how you created the waves on your card front and the wonderful background sponging! Great card!
hugs
Glenda

Stef H said...

fab-u-lous! i love sailing! this is spectacular!

hugs :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderfully done- and would be perfect for the Paper Piecing challenge over at Sweet Stamps! Sailing sounds wonderful- hope you had a fab day!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wonderful card, Donna. Love the colors and paper piecing. Perfect thank you for a wonderful day of sailing. Happy belated birthday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...