Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Playing Catch Up

Happy Wednesday, friends! I have several projects to show you tonight. I am catching up on several things that I mad e but haven't blogged about. My first project I really did make tonight. I read a book recently and I was going to give it to my MIL to read but she left our place without it. So I mailed her the book but realized too late that I had left my favorite bookmark in the book. So I needed another one. Here's what I made.

I am not happy with the photo but the best I could do tonight. I cut the base of the bookmark from an envelope with the Magnolia berry punch border die. I covered the triangle with Doodle Pantry paper from the Lemons and Blueberries set. The image is from the Doodle Pantry Pears and Raspberries set. I pop dotted the raspberry so it stuck up a bit from the bookmark. I threaded the ribbon through the berry leaves and tied a bow. The ribbon is really a better match for the raspberry then the photo shows. I am entering this into Paper Makeup Stamps challenge to make anything but a card.

My second project tonight is a birthday card for my BIL.
This is a one layer card. I used the template that came in the August Simon Says Stamp kit to make the background. I sponged several colors to get the looks of the sea, sunset and sky. It reminds me of sunsets in Hawaii that we saw in April. I stamped the boat and sentiment from a Gina K Summer Stamp set called Enjoy the Sunshine. Pretty simple. I am entering this card into Sentimental Sunday challenge of one layer.

Any my last project tonight is another birthday card for a friend.

The image is from a Gina K set called A Charmed Life, although I could no longer find the set on her web site so it may have been retired, and is colored with Copic Markers. The sentiment was a freebie from Ginger's House. She often has some really cute sentiments. It's pretty CAS card because I wanted the sentiment to be the focal point. I am entering this card into the Scrap Creations challenge: girls just want to have fun (especially with those flawless dance moves).

That;s it for me tonight. I am heading to bed. Hope your Thursday is spectacular. I know our weather should be that way tomorrow. I could get really used to the weather being like this all the time! Big hugs to you all!

Donna

6 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

What fun cards- love your bookmark- and how clever to cut it out of an envelope! LOVE the great background of your 2nd card- and the great colors- and hehehe love the sentiment on the last card- that is one great card! I am not a wine drinker, but find that comical!

Stef H said...

wow! these are all fabulous. i actually have one of the corner bookmarks that i made yrs ago. it's the best really.

absolutely LOVE the background card. wowza! and the wine.... love it. somehow i missed that senitment... it's PERFECT!

hugs :)

Glenda Atkins said...

You had a busy night Donna and I really like the bookmark, it's so summery looking! Love the two cards, fab sentiment on the wine one:O)!
hugs
Glenda

carla said...

A great creation.
Thank you for joining us at Paper Makeup Stamps this week.
Good luck !

Carla DT

Emily Lauritzen said...

These are all so cute! Love the cute little bookmark! Thank you so much for joining us at Digi Makeover!
<3 Emily L.-DT

Beccy said...

Three fabulous projects Donna, great job!
I love the little berry on your bookmark, so lovely and bright.
The sponging behind the boat on your second card is fabulous, it reminds me of a sunset as well.
I just love the sentiment on your final card, very funny!
Cheers,
Beccy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...