Monday, September 7, 2009

Two New Cards

For those of you in the U.S., Happy Labor Day! I had to labor on Labor Day. Because our university started a week ago I had to go to work today to do first week reporting. I worked about half the day today and I'll get to take comp time some other time. So they owe me three and a half hours.
My first card uses the Inspirational Card Sketch Challenge. It's fairly simple. I used the bird house template earlier but there were three different sizes on the same template, so this is a smaller version of the one I used before. I backed it with designer paper and hand sewed around the edges. The sewing was a requirement for a techniques challenge over at Stamp TV. Now as you can see I am no expert at sewing. One of these days I'll work a little harder at it. Funny, I love to cross stitch but I can't sew at all. LOL!


My second card is also for more than one challenge. The first challenge is for the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog. The challenge this week was to create an invitation using a theme (the theme will be used all during their birthday month for other projects). So the card I created was to invite Girl Scout leaders to begin a new year. My theme: New Beginnings!


To create the card I used this week's sketch challenge at Stamp TV. The image is from A Year of Flowers by Melanie Muenchinger. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the border and glued both pieces to the card. I used the Cuttlebug with the argyle embossing folder. The circular pieces were cut with my Colluzzle. I added the ribbon with a charm attached. Which leads me to the third challenge that this card works for.
The Kaboodle Doodle Blog challenge this week is to use a charm on your card. I found this sunflower charm before I started creating the card and actually built the card around the charm. I don't have many charms laying around here so I had to use what I had. But thanks Kaboodle design team for the fun challenge. I have never before used a charm in my card designing. Now I've done something new!
Whew! Five challenges in one night. I didn't get much chance to craft over the weekend but it's nice to get back at my desk again. Hope you like my cards. I hope this week is not as busy as last week was but I know my weekend coming up is jammed packed again. Hopefully I'll have something to share with you. Thanks for stopping by and come back again soon. I'm always excited to hear your comments! Have a great week!

Happy inking,

16 comments:

raindropecho said...

Congrats on using your first charm!! I'm not far behind...the KD card was only the 2nrd or 3rd time I've used a charm :) Anyway these are both wonderful and you've done a great job on them. Thanks for joining us this week at the Kaboodle Doodle challenge!
- Ann

BettyBee said...

WoW! Donna, great cards! And congrats on getting 5 challenges done. I love the sunflower card with the darling sunflower charm. Your Girl Scout Leaders will definitely be "charmed" with this invitation! Thanks for being a part of our Cuttlebug Challenge birthday party, and I am looking forward to seeing what you do with this week's challenge!

Fink said...

love how you used the sketch! thanks for joining us at ICS!

Lilacanglia said...

Beautiful Cards Donna,
Well done on using that charm,
and thank you for joining in at Kaboodles,
Hugs
Angie

Dawn♥ said...

OH my goodness what lovely looking cards Donna! Love your take on the ICS sketch. Beautifully done dear. Thanks for joining us at ICS! :)
♥Dawn♥
Owner of ICS

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna..Wow great combination of Challenges..Your cards are `fabulous` Thanks for joining in with ICS along with the
Cuttlebug Challenge
terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

csroyal said...

Beautiful cards, Donna!! What a great idea for the girl scouts! Glad you joined us in our Birthday Palooza... hope to see you more this month!

Cindy
www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Such a sweet little charm and goes so well with you main image - great card. Thanks for taking part in the Kaboodle challenge.

Shantaie said...

Pretty card, I just love that charm you added, its just the right touch.

Thanks for coming to our party at cuttlebug challenge blog!

mudmaven said...

So sweet! Thanks for playing our Kaboodle Doodle challenge. Nice to see you back! ~chris

Carolyn King said...

way to knock out those challenges! They are both wonderful....great details and images!

wendipooh13 said...

wonderful cards and just adore the fun birdhouse!! how cute.. great job with the IC card sketch this week!!

danni reid. said...

THESE are beautiful!!!

hugs & so much love!
danni

www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

coldwaters2 said...

This is my first visit to your blog as a DT member for Kaboodle and I adore your style. I love both these creations the colours and how you use them are so effective and that flower on the second card is terrific the added charm is just the perfect little touch....wonderful work.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Meda said...

I love your theme, Donna.

suzARTe said...

two gorgeous cards, thanks so much for joining us at Kaboodles, hope you will join us again

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...