This isn't quite finished yet because I want to make little tassels to hang from the mortar board at the top of the insert part of the announcement. Here's what it looks like when you pull out the announcement.
An earlier post showed the first announcement I made but Dan picked this one. So I'm heading into production mode to make the announcement. I hope they turn out good!
The envelope part is made from 12 x 5 1/2 card stock, scored at 4 and 8 inches. I measured the red 1/4 inch smaller than the rectangle and cut diagonally. I printed the Rose-Hulman logo on my computer and backed it with black cardstock. The announcement base is red cardstock with a white layer. The rose is stamped and colored on the white layer with an overlay of printed vellum. My DH made the pattern for the mortar board. Now to find my floss to make tassels.
Thanks for stopping by today. please let me know what you think and which invitation you like better.