Tuesday, January 15, 2019

It's Dueling Day

Welcome to mid-January! As I am enjoying the Florida sunshine (I hope!) this is a scheduled post. We are beginning a new year of the Dueling Darlings. Our kit this month was provided by Judy and I. Here's what my write-up said:
Happy New Year, Dazzlers (and Divas - Judy's group)! Your first kit of the year has arrived. As 2019 begins, many people make new goals for the New Year. Statistics show that most of those goals are never fulfilled. Judy and I decided that our theme this month would be "encouragement". Let's encourage someone to reach for that goal that they have set for themselves, whether it be a New Year resolution or just something that a friend or family member may be striving for. After making your card, pay it forward to that friend/family member who may be struggling.


This is the card that I made from the kit. Here's what I sent each of the Dazzlers:

  • Gina K Hope is Faith butterfly stamp (retired) stamped on Neenah Solar White cardstock with Memento Black ink
  • Gina K Inside and Out (retired) sentiment stamped on Neenah Solar White cardstock with Memento Black ink
  • Designer Paper: the Paper Studio Denim and Pearls card stock (4 different 6x6 sheets)
  • Embellishments: Paper Sweeties twine, heart brads, sequins, ribbon and gems from my stash
So as you can see I used 2 different patterned papers. The butterfly I colored with some new Spectrum Noir markers that my DH gave me for Christmas and then fussy cut the image. The sentiment was die cut with Gina Marie Designs Wine Label die. I used a Zig pen for some faux stitching. I added Wink of Stella to the butterfly. I added some of the gems and some of the sequins from the kit for embellishment. The sequins were filled with glossy accents for some extra shine.
I hope you will check out all the other team members to see what they created:

Dazzlers blogs: Jeanette, Shelly, Tracie, Terry L.
Splitcoaststampers galleries: Terry S., Paola, Debby B.

Divas blogs: Barb, Carol, Judy (my partner), Heather, Kelly,  LJ, Tami
Splitcoaststampers galleries: Suzy

Thanks for stopping by today. Happy duesling to all the Darling!

Donna

11 comments:

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Your card is just gorgeous, Donna! Love the rich, dramatic papers and that beautiful butterfly. The sentiment is just perfect for the theme! You are such a great DD partner and I enjoy working with you on our theme for the month of January. Enjoy your time in Florida! Sending you love and (((HUGS)))

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, your card is full of lots of embellishments and such... and it looks great!

Thank you for hosting this month. I loved your theme!

:: BlueInks :: said...

The color of the butterfly is so pretty. Even better that your DH gifted you the markers. Perfect theme this round. Hope your vacation is great.

terry serman said...

Great use of the dp and the embellishments. Very pretty!

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous!

Barb said...

Sweet Card Donna--such vibrant colors and I love the design!

Terry Ladwig said...

Donna...your butterfly looks iridescent! How pretty! Great card and a great big thank you for a fun kit!

Carol W said...

Donna I love your butterfly . It is perfectly colored. You sent out a wonderful kit.I love your card and the layout of your card. Great job!

MiamiKel said...

Donna - such a great card, love the bold butterfly and the lovely verse. Great theme you both had for this month - and a great way to start out the year, being encouraged!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just beautiful Donna! I love the coloring of the butterfly- just beautiful! Also, I love the wine label die- don;t think I have seen that before..... I have not gotten my card completed yet....- looking forward to it though! Hope it is warming up in Florida- we are getting snow here : )

HeatherB said...

Great card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...