Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Two for One

Tuesday greetings to you all! Another killer day of physical therapy today. My legs are like jelly so I sat down at my desk and knocked out two cards tonight. So here's a quick post before I go do my exercises one more time before bed.


I was intrigued when I saw the challenge at Simply Create Too: no digis or stamped images. So I rifled through my dies to see what I could find. The window is from Poppy Stamps, the bird, birdhouse and fence are from Marianne Designs and the hello is from Simon Says Stamps. The embossing folder is a new one for me. It's a Paper Studio folder I found on clearance called Caning. I kind of thought it gave the appearance of wall paper. A card very much out of my usual but fun to do!
I am entering these challenges:

And now the two for part. My second card is for the From the Heart i {heart} card sketches with a twist challenge.


I used the sketch and the twist which was to make it quick. I think it took me about 20 minutes to make this one.


The image is from From the Heart Stamps called Flappy Birthday Birdbrain. I just love the Birdbrain images. I inked the background for the sky and the grass. The image is colored with Copics. I used variegated yellow twine. The sentiment is from Hero Arts It's Your Day stamp set heat embossed with Tim Holtz Walnut Distress Stain.
I am entering these challenges:
I am now going to take my tired body upstairs, do a few exercises and drop into bed. LOL! Thanks for stopping by and hop your week is going well!

Hugs,
Donna

4 comments:

Patricia St Martin said...

Great job on both of your cards. Love the house front you made on the first card. Your background is wonderful and the birds are having so much fun, great scene.
Hugs,/Pat♥

Imke said...

Donna, you did a great job with our Sketch this week @ From the Heart Stamps. Thanks for joining us.

Your cloud background looks great and i like the Flappy Birdbrains !!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fabulous take on the Simply Create Too Challenge;and your card for FTHS sketch challenge is awesome. Love the sky background and coloring. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

This is super cute! I love their images. Thank you for playing along with us at TTCRD's ATG Challenge. Hugs Joyce

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...