Monday, July 2, 2012

Star Spangled Birthday

Happy Monday! My first day at my new job was very like my old job; probably because we are still in the same office and everyone is on vacation but me. So probably it will remain the same until we finally do move to our new office. I had a chance to play a little after dinner and came up with a card that I really like. I am still on a red, white and blue kick but I didn't need any more 4th of July cards so I made this one a birthday card for some lucky July birthday guy or gal this month.

My lighting wasn't quite right. For some reason the inside photographed much better than the outside as you will see in a minute. I used the Stars embossing folder and cut the star shape out of the front of the card. I added some score lines and inked them. I stamped the sentiment and added my banners.
Here's the inside:

I added a starred paper piece and the tag that reads "Have a Star Spangled Birthday." I'm really pleased with this card!
So here are the challenges that I am entering:
The heat wave continues. We didn't quite make it to 100 today but it was hot just the same. I thought we might get some ran tonight but the showers seemed to break up before getting to us. We are down about 12 inches of rain on the year so any rainfall is much welcomed.  Well, that's about it for today. I hope you are having a star spangeld week so far. Take care!

Donna

4 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

This is great inside and out! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime! :) Janis P.S. I'd love it if you'd pop over to my other challenge blog, Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges,
http://pausedreamenjoychallenges.blogspot.com/
and play this week. The challenge is to make a project for someone who's left footprints on your life. Smiles!

Stef H said...

i like red, white & blue and i love the star cut-out. this is simple... see you CAN do it!

have a safe, fun-filled and blessed 4th.

hugs :)

SAMARA said...

I love how you made the entire card on one theme - your star! It is very poinant and true. Thanks for coming to SENTIMENTALS this week. Smiles, Samara

Jennipher said...

Love that star embossed panel. Very pretty. Great patriotic card. Thanks for playing at Sentimental Sundays.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...