Sunday, August 22, 2010

Christmas Cards All Year Round

Happy Sunday everyone. So sorry it's been a while since I've posted but all of my kids were home this week so I haven't been doing much crafting. It's been wonderful to have them home and we had such a wonderful time together this week. Last Sunday we saw a Colt preseason game. Wednesday we drove to Cincinnati to visit family and Thursday we spent the day at Kings Island riding roller coasters and getting wet. It's been a wonderful week! But it has to come to an end. Steve moved back to college today. Dan flies home to Boston tomorrow morning. Tricia starts back to school tomorrow. This week will be something I will remember for a long time.

Today was the first chance I've had to make some cards. I wanted to make my 5 cards for the challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round. Whenever I start the process I go through a process so that the card that I end up with isn't quite what I started with. Her's the first card I made.

This card was okay but with the second card I decided to try something different.

Then I realized I had used all the ribbon so I had to do something a little different with the last three cards. So here's the rest of my challenge cards.

I really love how they turned out, even if it took me a couple tries to get it the way I wanted. That's the fun of making cards.

Stamps: Holiday Hospitality (Gina K)
Card Stock: black, light blue,medium blue
Equipment: Cuttlebug, Snowflake embossing folder (inked), Spellbinders Frameabilities, Stampin' Up! Ornament punch, Stampin' Up! corner rounder
Embellishments: ribbon, 5mm pearls

Thanks for stopping by. I hope your weekend was wonderful and you have a great week ahead. Take care!

Donna

1 comment:

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful cards. So creative. Thanks for joining us at CCAYR.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...