Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Best Fishes for Kaboodles

This week the Kaboodle Blog has a cute challenge to use buttons and ribbon on your card. So here is my entry:


This was great fun to design! I started with the fish and had the idea to use the buttons as the bubbles. I brayered the background after embossing the seaweed toward the bottom of the card. I laid out the fish and buttons and then decided where to put the ribbon and the sentiment. The stamp set used is called Best Fishes by Gina K Designs. The card base is black card stock. Thanks to Kaboodles for this challenge. I probably never would have attempted this card if it hadn't been a challenge.
Happy Tuesday to you all. Thanks for stopping by today. Hope your week is going well.

Happy inking,

9 comments:

mudmaven said...

Oh my Donna, I absolutely love this! What a great idea to use the buttons as bubbles. Very cool. Thanks so much for playing in our challenge and for trying out for our design team! ~chris

raindropecho said...

This is adorable! Love that you've used the buttons as bubbles...very creative! Thanks for joining us this week and thanks for trying out for the DT!
- Ann @ Kaboodle Doodles

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Love it Donna. This is so cute. I wouldn't have thought of using the buttons that way, but what a great idea!

Lorie said...

This is wonderful Donna! I LOVE the buttons!

Lilacanglia said...

Adorable,
Outstanding hun,
Thanks for joining the challenge at Kaboodles,
what a great use of buttons,
look forward to seeing you enter more,
Hugs
Angie

Unknown said...

I love how you've used the buttons as the bubbles for the fish. A really fun card. Thanks for taking part in the Kaboodle challenge and hope to see you again soon.

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

great job love this one

NikkiM said...

Awww this is so cute :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...