Friday, November 3, 2023

Day 3 C is for Cookies

 My card today reminds me so much of my Mom. She was a baker, especially at Christmas time. And she baked cookies for weeks before Christmas and packed tins for friends and family. And she was an excellent baker. So my card today is a tribute to her, may she rest in peace.


I used Beccy's Cookie Bundle (I thought this was in her free images but I wasn't able to find it, so it may be retired) as my main image colored with alcohol markers. Mom made lots of sugar cookies and she always tinted them red and green. I haven't remembered how to add a sentiment to the tag in my photo editor yet so I hand wrote the sentiment. I used scraps for patterned paper and added some gold gem stones.
Entering these challenges:
Hope you are all having a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping by! 

Donna


2 comments:

Beccy said...

This is a lovely tribute to your Mom, and a sweet memory for you too, Donna. I love the bright and happy colours you chose for the image and the background paper, they work well with the cardstock. The hand-written sentiment is a fabulous touch... it makes your card even more special.
Cheers,
Beccy
P.S. The freebie is still available Donna. Here's a link: https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2012/09/cookie-bundle-freebie.html

Lori m said...

Beautiful card and memories, hugs, Lori m

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...