Friday, April 17, 2020

Spring Card Camp Day 5

Well, it's cold and rainy and just a lousy day to be outside so I am crafting. Hoping to get a little bit caught up with my card class. Today is actually day 7 and I just completed day 5 so I could get another set done today if I try really hard. Day 5's instructor was Debby Hughes. She loves to watercolor. That isn't mt specialty and while I should have tried it and challenged myself, I opted to go with ink blending instead.


The idea was to use a die cut to make a stencil. Use the die cut as a stencil on the first card and then use the actual die cut on the second card.


I die cut Birch Press' Prismatic Heart on white card stock. I then adhered the die cut to a white piece of card stock and used Abandoned Coral, Wild Honey and Peacock Feathers DOI to ink over the stencil. To finish off this card I used a sentiment from MFT More Essential Sentiments and added teal gems to the intersections within the heart.


For my second card I adhered the die cut stencil to the card front. I heat embossed the Happy Anniversary sentiment from MFT Essential Sentiments on black card stock and then added Lucy's Gems Bridal Mix Jewels to my card. I am entering these challenges:

Thanks for stopping by today. Be strong and safe. Stay healthy! My prayers are with you!

Donna

6 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Those are gorgeous hearts on your beautiful cards.

Wendy L said...

These are so beautiful, thank you for joining us at the Crafty Friends challenge, xxx

Lori m said...

Beautiful cards Donna, stay warm...the sun will come out sometime soon, hugs, Lori m

Pam said...

Beautiful cards and so creative. Love that you used a die cut as a stencil!
Hugs, Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

kReN said...

Great cards! Thanks for joining us at the QKR Stampede Challenge this week. kReN follow me at https://afourthlife.blogspot.com

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this beautiful die, and ;pve how you have used is as a stencil- and love the colored die cut added to the darker cardstock. Fun and great use of a rainy day!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...