Saturday, June 15, 2019

Halloween with the Darlings!

It's the 15th of the month and again I am participating with the Dazzlers and the Divas for a fun duel all about Halloween. This month Terry L and Tami are our hostesses and they decided to "use what we have" for the kits this month. The theme is Halloween. Here is what the Dazzler kits contained:
Images and sentiments: My favorite Things "Witch Way is the Candy?" (one of my favorite stamps sets!)
Papers: The Paper Studio (both designer paper and solids)
Enamel Dots: The Paper Studio
Ribbons: from Michaels
Die Cuts: A Muse fence, spider web and bats
I had such a great time playing with this kit that I made two cards. Here's the first card I made:


Using the My Favorite Things sketch for this week and the kit. The images are colored with Spectrum Noir and American Craft Markers. I inked the sentiment with Orange Marmalade Distress Ink and die cut it with MFT Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips. The image and background paper was cut twice with MFT Inside and Out Stitched Rounded Squares. Terry, I just loved the spider web and spider. What fun embellishments! Here's the inside of the card,


I used the rest of the piece of designer paper and the extra piece I cut off the orange textured paper to brighten up the inside of the card.
Because I liked this kit so much and had some extra time I made a second card.


For this card I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches. Terry included two bats but since I have the stamp set I stamped and colored a third bat for this card. I love the spooky fence she included and the trick or treat ribbon was perfect. I didn't quite get the inside finished in time for posting so I'll finish that up later. Thank you Terry for the super fun theme and kit. Can't wait to see what everyone else is doing with this one. Check out my side bar and visit them too!

Hope your weekend is full of relaxing fun. Girl Scout Day Camp starts on Monday. Both Tom and I are volunteering again this year. So our weekend (after we play with the twins on Saturday) will be getting ready for day camp. We are doing two activities this year: Crayon Slime and Survival Kits. With over 200 girls from ages 5-17 that will be a challenge. Lots  of materials to get ready. I am peeling and shredding crayons. LOL! Tom is working on the survival kits. I probably won't have time to craft this next week. Make it an awesome week!

Donna


17 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh what fun! Not just one card, but two - and each of them is just too cute! Donna, they both truly are great cards! I'm really liking the bat one with it's trio of circles.

terry serman said...

Both of these are adorable! Love the bat card---clever way to use the smaller images!

Pam said...

Oh my goodness, it sounds like you and Tom are going to be very busy but it will be fun!
I just love the cute Halloween cards that you created! I have the cute little witch set stamp. You colored them perfectly and I love the zig zag background paper and how you die cut the spider web and placed it in the corner! Love how you did the bat card as well!
Have a fun weekend!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Both of these cards are so adorable! Perfect timing for the two sketches!

Thanks for Joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches ~

Laura Jean (TMS Design Team)

MiamiKel said...

Oh it's a two-fer! Both of your cards are adorable! Love the card designs and your coloring is just perfect!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Donna, these cards are so fun! I love how the cat is looking up at the spider web on the first card. Then the second card with the bright yellow circles set off the cute bats. Have a fun time at camp!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh my goodness, not one fabulous card, but two! How I love both of your layouts and great use all of the kit 'ingredients'!!! I really love that you incorporated the ribbon and the fun fence on your second card! I love the bright yellow behind the bats too!

Patti said...

Oh goodness Donna - you busy girl!! I hope you have as much fun as work with the Girl Scout projects!! Your Halloween cards came out great - so cute and fun!! Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Two outstanding cards. I love both of them--showcased very nice. And, fantastic colouring.

Andrea W said...

Both cards are terrific! So glad you joined us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Cute cards!
Have fun at camp!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Melissa Craig said...

Those bats are so goofy and adorable! Perfectly charming. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Barb said...

Wow--two awesome cards! Your coloring is outstanding and I love the layouts!

Terry Ladwig said...

Both of these cards are absolutely adorable! I am happy that you liked the kit I sent! Great job!

Mrs A. said...

Perfect for Halloween. Love your colouring. Hugs Mrs A.

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! What fun cards!! Both are beautifully designed and executed!!

HeatherB said...

These are both fabulous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...