Monday, April 15, 2019

Space Exploration with the Dueling Darlings

Happy Monday and welcome to a new edition of the Dueling Darlings monthly show. This month Terry (for the Dazzlers) and LJ (for the Divas) chose the theme and sent out kits for an outer space theme. Terry sent my wonderful kit using the My Favorite Things Space Explorer stamp and coordinating dies. I also have this set so I was able to use it to supplement a few things on my cards. Here's what Terry sent: All images are stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Neenah Solar Crest white and Gina K base weight white (for die cut images). DSP: MME Blastoff, Echo Park Lost in Space, Photoplay Infinity & Beyond, Photoplay Intergalactic. Embellishments: Hampton Art action wobble, Recollections star brads, Recollections bling, Darice baker's twine, Kaisercraft wooden pieces. There was so much in this kit I could probably do half a dozen cards. I made two to showcase.


For this first card I used this week's My Favorite Things Sketch challenge for additional inspiration.
I used one of the double-sided designer papers for the strips and the banner die cuts are from MFT too. Everything is colored with Spectrum Noir markers including the wooden pieces that I used for embellishments.

For my second card I decided I had to use the action wobble, so this is where I made an extra die cut of this image and fussy cut just the little guy to wobble. The background paper is another of the designer papers included and I used the same paper from the first card for the MFT Double Scallop border. You can also see some of the other fun golden embellishments that were included in the kit. I used a while gel pen for embellishment on the balloons. Here's the inside of this card:


I mimicked the front of the card but used a different sentiment. I also stamped and die cut another rocket for the inside.
I am entering these challenges:

I want to thank Terry and LJ for such a fun theme and especially Terry for the wonderful kit! This was such fun. Check out all the darlings' cards by following the links on the right to see the other fun space cards. Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Donna

16 comments:

terry serman said...

Love your cards! They are both so colorful and fun. The wooden planet look fab the way you colored it!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, both of these card are fabulous. Love the sketches you used... you do that so well. It looks like you are ready for space travel!

Lori m said...

Adorable....too cute..hugs, Lori m

Pam said...

Both cards are so cute Donna! I love that the little astronaut wobbles on the second card!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

:: BlueInks :: said...

Very cute. I really like the colors and how you put the cards together. You had so many great ideas! Thanks, for sharing.

Joyce said...

2 super fun cards, and great for a young child. Love the space theme. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

MiamiKel said...

Oh Donna - how delightful your card is! I love the card design! I, too, have this stamp set and am glad to see you were able to use it for your beautiful card - simply out of this world!

Barb said...

Donna--this sure is cute. I love the sketch you picked and it is perfect for the fun images!

Carol W said...

Donna both your cards are adorable. I love your coloring and the layouts you used. Great job!!

Barbara said...

Both of these cards are adorable and so fun. Love the backgrounds on each and the cute astronaut. Thanks for sharing this with us at Seize the Birthday.
Barbara DT

Gerrina said...

A super card for a boy! Think this one will be looked at for a long t ime! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Mrs A. said...

Two super cards but my vote goes out to the second card. Love those colours.erfect cards for young boys. Hugs Mrs A.

Janice said...

Two fabulous cards Donna, I know some children that would love them!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh Donna- I love both of your beautiful cards!!! What perfect image and papers in the kit for your sketches! I so loved this fun theme and kit as well!!!

Terry Ladwig said...

Great use of the sketches to make your cards....I never remember to do that! Very fun cards!

HeatherB said...

Love these!!! Great layouts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...