Monday, October 3, 2016

Wild Card

Happy Monday! I am taking part in the Online Card Class called Wild Card.


I watched the first two videos this morning and tried out a shaped card that was the topic of the videos. So I used a Poppy Stamps Window die to make my card.


The Breezy Wreath on the window is also from Poppy Stamps but it must be retired as I couldn't find it on their site.. The sentiment is from a retired Gina K stamp set called Wreath of Wishes. I heat embossed the sentiment with gold embossing powder on vellum.The edges of the window are inked with Tea Dye distress ink and the window panes are inked with Fossilized Amber distress ink. My daughter will be moving to new apartment shortly so I'll be sending this to wish them a happy new home.
I am entering these challenges:

That's it for me today. I have to work Tuesday and Wednesday so I'm not sure if I'll get much done. Go to the doctor's with Tricia Thursday for a check of the twins. Friday I have to make a trip to Cincinnati for my aunt's funeral. I need to say goodbye to my very last aunt. I sent her cards often and she loved to get them. I am sad to see her go but I know she's in a better place. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Donna

9 comments:

Pam said...

Oh my goodness, this is lovely Donna! I love the sentiment on the vellum. Great job!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Lori m said...

Beautiful card, hugs, Lori m

Stef H said...

wow! you did great! card is gorgeous!
prayers for the mom-to-be.
i bet you can't wait to retire!
keep us posted.

hugs :)

Kathy S said...

Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy this week for our "Frame It" Challenge. Looks like you are enjoying the Wild Card Course!

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion for our ATG challenge. Hope to see you again soon. Good luck.
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, CYP DT

Sandy Trefger said...

Love the beautiful frame of leaves or ivy around the sentiment! Thanks for sharing it with us at Cards in Envy for our "Frame It" card challenge.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Another wonderful card...even though everything seems to be retired...haha At first I thought you used vellum for the window panes and had a candle behind it. It looks like it is glowing.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Absolutely beautiful card! Love the layout and embossed sentiment on vellum. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Sybrina K said...

Donna, I love your pairing of the vellum and that window die. So creative! Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...