Thursday, July 30, 2015

From Our Home to Yours

Greetings! Thanks for stopping by my blog. The weekend is almost here. Tomorrow is my short day at work, so I'm a happy camper. This weekend I hope to make pesto sauce. My basil bush is about the only thing that really produced this year. The deer ate everything else. There are a couple green beans to pick tomorrow and I have a couple zucchini that will likely be ready this weekend. Tonight we had zucchini meatballs from SkinnyTaste.com. DH thought they had  a little different texture but he liked the meatballs so I'll definitely keep that recipe.
My card tonight didn't end up the way I thought it might. Usually nothing ends up quite the way I envision it when I start. But this one I tried to salvage after a little craft accident.


The lantern is a free Christmas image from Beccy's Place. I colored the image with Copics and cut it out with Spellbinder's circle dies. I used the sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch.


The lantern actually has a very pretty bow at the top. I wanted to use my new Wink of Stella pen to add some sparkle to the bow but in getting the pen to work it erupted all over the bow and it looked awful. So I added a little Wink of Stella pen on the flowers and cut the bow off the top. Added the ribbon and sentiment and a few pearls to finish it off. Not quite my best card ever but I think it will be okay.
I am entering these challenges:
Heading into the weekend, I hope you are looking forward to it. Our weather is supposed to be beautiful this weekend. Although we are supposed to have warm temperatures, the humidity is supposed to be very low which makes for much nicer weather. Wherever you are I hope the weather is pleasant, you can relax and find some time to craft.

Donna

3 comments:

Anet's Crafting said...

Gorgeous card Donna. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Patricia St Martin said...

Donna, Wonderful Christmas card, the paper is really nice and the lantern is a nice image. Love the die cut.
Hugs, Pat♥

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at HIMCR, good luck!!! Amy DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...