Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day Camp and Male Birthday Card


I'll start out with my male birthday card. I did this for a sketch challenge at Stamp TV. I used stamps from Eclectic Summer and Eclectic Summer Sayings from Gina K. I just love those hot air balloons. I used this for a male birthday card swap I was in on the Making Greeting Cards Yahoo Group. I was really pleased with the way it turned out.

Last week was Girl Scout Day Camp. It was the hottest week so far this summer; into the 90's everyday. We started the week out with a batch of thunder storms that moved through on Monday morning forcing us to put the 270 girls and and extra adults into a cramped shelter house at the state park. Fortunately with the storm some of our buses were late. Although Monday was overcast all day we could still be outside after the storms moved through. The highlight of the day was watching a huge tree behind our shelter house first loose a branch and then topple over completely by the roots. Fortunately, the tree fell away from the shelter and not toward it or I wouldn't be writing this and about 50 girls would have gotten hit too. It all happened very fast. It was pretty amazing!
The rest of our week was sunny and hot, hot, hot. I was in charge of helping the girls make gel candles and make a piece of recycled paper (very messy, btw), and I also planned the service projects the girls did. I showed you my samples in an earlier post but here's the finished products. The girls made 33 centerpieces, 168 butterflies for the Holocaust Butterfly Project and 145 cards for America's Children for America's Veterans. I'm very proud of the great job they did. Here's the centerpieces:







Didn't they do a marvelous job? Thanks for stopping by today! I'm hoping to get back to some card making this week although we'll be gone for the weekend. Only two more days of work left this week! Take care.

Happy inking,

Donna

4 comments:

Lorie said...

What a great card! And those center pieces are wonderful! They did a great job! :o)

Lilacanglia said...

fantastic card,
super job on those lovely pots,
have a super 4th July,
HUgs
Angie

sassyb07 said...

love your card Donna, what a great idea!
looks like you had alot of fun with the girls
hugs, Valerie

Carolyn King said...

LOVE your masculine card. Wow--what a crazy storm---glad no one was hurt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...