Sunday, July 21, 2019

29th Birthday Greetings

Happy Sunday! I hope it is cooler in your area than it has been around here. Today our heat index is 105. Too hot for me. It's been that way for several days. They are saying it will cool down into the 80s this coming week. I am so looking forward to that. It's been a while since I sat down to intentionally make cards. My heart hasn't been in it. But nothing spurs me on like a challenge so this week is Bugaboo's Christmas in July challenge. I am working on that, waiting for some Stickles to dry before I put the card together. In the mean time I thought I'd share a quick card I made for my SIL this week for her birthday.

A definite CAS card. But she is always saying she's only 29 so I couldn't resist sending this one. The stamp set is Sweet & Sassy's Sassy Cindy (my SIL's name so it seemed like fate). I colored the image with Prismacolor Colored Pencils and outlined the Say What bubble (retired) from C.C. Designs
I am entering these challenges:

  1. AAA Card challenge: one image 
  2. QKR challenge: anything goes
I will likely be back later with another post. Too hot to be outside although my garden needs water so we may have to brave it later this evening (an get eaten by the mosquitoes). Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Donna

10 comments:

Lori m said...

Awesome card, adorable sentiment, hugs, Lori m

Glenda Atkins said...

Hi Donna, thanks for leaving a comment on my Bugaboo Saturday card. Looking forward to seeing yours. I always try to take part in the Christmas in July challenge. I find them great for enlarging my stash of cards for Christmas. I love the fun CAS card for your SIL and I am sure she will too. MY gosh are you ever having a hot summer. We are having a reaL wet one, which is probably better than extremely hot one.
hugs Glenda

Joy Wilson said...

Super cute card! I'm forever 29! Thanks for joining us and good luck with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

The Enticing Creation said...

Cute card

Thank you so much entering our ATG challenge at ttcrd.blogspot.com Through the Craft Room Door this week.Looking forward to see you next challenge

Hugs
Rituparna DT TTCRD

My blog
theenticingcreation.blogspot.com

Jane said...

Oh that's hot, feel for you! Well done for managing to craft in that heat and thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Sherri said...

Oh, I love this!! The sentiment just makes this card perfect!! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

crafty said...

Love the image and sentiment. Thank you for joining in the QKR Stampede challenge this week.
Mary

CraftyGirl said...

I am very glad you joined us this week at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. I hope you had a fantastic time!!! See you back very soon to play in another amazing challenge. :)

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team Member

Tracie Pond said...

Fun card to give to a good friend. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =) Tracie

Quillish said...

Hahaha, what a fun card, love the image and how you designed this CAS beauty. Thank you for joining us at AAA Cards, hugs ~ Ishani.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...