Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Feel Better

Last week I needed a get well card. I don't send many of those kind of cards but I decided that I should at least have one on hand in case the need arises again. So that was the impetus for today's card.

The image is called Water Can from Limited Runs. I colored the image with Copic and Spectrum Noir markers and die cut it with Spellbinder's Labels 35. I added the sentiment from MFT Essential Sentiments. I traced the Labels 35 die on purple card stock to get the background piece. The plaid background is a scrap from my scrap box. I punched the butterfly border from a Martha Stewart punch and then added three pink pearls to each butterfly to form the body. The flowers are some leftovers out of my embellishment box, as is the extra butterfly. I used Wink of Stella on the water can flowers to add some shimmer. I used the leftover butterflies from the border punch to decorate the envelope and the inside of the card.
I am entering these challenges:
Well, that's it for me today. It's been a busy one. I have to go shred a roast that I have in the crock pot for tomorrow's dinner. Tomorrow morning is my favorite time at Head Start. Looking forward to seeing the twins. Have a super "hump day!"

Donna





6 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- I need to make a few of these types of cards! Wonderful card and dies! And Sympathy ones too needed as well......!

Craft buddy said...

I love your plaid papers. I think your planning ahead for when you next need a get well card is a great idea, I wish I had your organisation! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday! x Jessie

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, this card is so pretty it will surely make the recipient feel better!

Pam said...

What a lovely get well card, I'm sure it cheered the recipient!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Glenda Atkins said...

Lovely card and a great take on the sketch! The colour's of the plaid paper background are wonderful and I really like the butterfly border punched strip.
hugs
Glenda

Jo said...

Lovely card, sure to make anyone feel better....especially love the backing paper. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Cardmakers this time & good luck!
hugs Jo x
Dt

I have CANDY if you'd like to enter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...