Friday, September 7, 2018

Christmas Trio

I had time to play a little last night after mowing the lawn. We got it in before the start of the rain. As I was looking through a pile on my desk, (do you have piles like I do?) I found several Bugaboo Christmas image already colored and ready to go. So why not use them.


The image is Bugaboo's Christmas Trio Block. I'm pretty sure I used Copics to color this image.  I die cut the image with Gina Marie Cross Stitched Rectangles. I was following the Tuesday Morning Sketch design for this week.

So the sketch dictated some of my choices. I used the Laurel Leaf border punch to create the border under the image. The designer paper is from American Craft Christmas paper. I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with the little squiggles to the left but I finally decided to fashion this wreath out of Doodle Twine and found these wooden embellishments that I got eons ago from a Simon Says stamp kit. So the wreath ornaments and the embellishments bottom right are from that stamp kit. The sentiment is from Altenew Halftone Holidays. I stamped the sentiment with MFT Cherry Crisp Pigment ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder. But the red ink reacted with the green cardstock so it really looks black anyway. LOL! So I am entering these challenges:
Wishing you a happy Friday and a wonderfully relaxing weekend. We just found out that one of our sons is coming to the area for a wedding and we'll meet up with him in Indianapolis on Sunday for a brief visit before he flies back to Boston. I am really excited to get to see him. Thanks for stopping by. Take care!

Donna


9 comments:

Stef H said...

yep. i'm getting a head start on xmas too. i need lots this year..... and yes, i send all my grandkids holiday cards - even halloween.

have a great weekend. the FAIR is in full swing... rain & all.
i don't go. too pricey and i can't do all that walking!

MaryH said...

Indeed I do have piles, and piles on top of that! I did get the desk cleaned off briefly, but it didn't stay that way long! (and that stuff got piled onto another table!) Love your take on the sketch...the images are so cute, and your coloring is wonderful. Love the border treatment, and the dimension of the tiny wreath and little snowflakes. Glad you got some rain (and your lawn mowed!) We mowed last night (well, my help was minimal!) expecting some rain this evening...which didn't come. Hoping we might get some over the wkend. Still very hot & humid. TFS & have a great weekend. Hugs

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a fun card and a cute sketch. Loving the plaid paper you added, and the wreath as well. So nice to have a pile of colored images to create with! Sounds like you have a fun weekend in store!

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, this is gorgeous. Great sketch for that image. Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug Anything Goes Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such an adorable image and cute Christmas card!

Debbie said...

Such a fun Christmas card! Love it!
I am trying to get rid of piles of images... I made 11 cards one afternoon this week. And I still have a pile!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Melissa Craig said...

This is so fun - very festive. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Julie B said...

Love your trio of Christmas characters.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)

Janice said...

A fun Christmas card, I love those images!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...