Friday, August 24, 2018

MFT Summer School Day 5

Happy Friday! I am home today waiting for someone to come and replace my windshield. With all the construction around here, a dump truck spit out a big rock that cracked my windshield last fall. We are finally getting it replaced. So until they arrive, I am at home trying to get a few things done.
The final day for the My Favorite Things Summer School was all about ombre. I decided to go with CAS and used an anniversary theme since September seems to be the month for lots of anniversaries in our family.

Starting in the middle of the white cardstock, my ink goes from lightest to darkest and then fades toward the edges. I used AlteNew inks (because they come in a matched set): Rose quartz, Puffy Heart, and Purple Wine. The stencil is from MFT called Star Grid. Over the stencil I heat embossed a sentiment from the MFT stamp set Together Forever. There is a heart that is also heat embossed under that pink heart there. I didn't like the black heat embossed heart so I die cut this heart from MFT Blueprints 32 to add over the top of the black heart. I like the pink one better.
I am entering these challenges:

Another busy weekend ahead. We drive to Indianapolis tomorrow morning to pick up our new travel trailer. Tomorrow night we are having friends over for dinner and the cards. And Sunday we have the twins. Here's hoping you weekend is a little more relaxing and crafty. Make it a good one!

Donna

6 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Fun background on this lovely card!

KathyA. said...

I find CAS cards to be the most challenging. But your creation made it look easy! Love the color scheme and the simplicity of your design. Excellent work! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge this week. DT Kathy

Pam said...

Wonderful card, the soft stenciled background looks great!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Jane said...

Super stencil and I love the pinks! Of course! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Suze said...

Hope you now have your windshield replaced. Your ombre card is lovely. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends.

ÅsaJ said...

Such a lovely pink card! Great sentiment! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...