Monday, August 13, 2018

Happy First Birthday

This week we have a first birthday on my husband's side of the family. An adorable little boy. Happy birthday Liam! Here's the card I made for him.


The cute little bear is from Beccy's Place. It's a retired set that I really love for making kid's cards. I colored the beat with Copic markers and then added white gel pen accents. The background is a napkin with lots of birthday balloons. The sentiment and balloon was stamped from the Jillibean Soup Balloon Party stamp set and then die cut with MFT Stitched Circles. The heart background is Spellbinder's Hears Circles. I put small little slits at the bottom of the balloon so I could add some black thread and then wrapped it around the bears hand as if he's holding the balloon. Hope Liam likes this colorful card! I am entering these challenges:

I think I will have a fairly easy week this week. I volunteered today at Opportunity House but I don;t have any other cashier shifts this week. I'll head back to Head Start on Wednesday this week as the twins started back today. I am really looking forward to that. Hope your week is off to a great start. Thanks for stopping by today!

Donna

6 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Adorable card in the primary colors. Wonderful image for a little one.

Beccy said...

This is fabulous Donna, the colours are bright and happy... perfect for a little fellow's first birthday. I love the wonderful background with the big balloons and I like the way you've used the same colours for the image. Awesome!
Cheers,
Beccy

Becca Sadler said...

Donna: This is a cute 1st birthday card! Charming! Tags, labels, and background mounts are great ways to use scraps, so thanks for sharing your card as an example at HIMCR! Becca~DT

Shelly Schmidt said...

So sweet Donna! How fun for a 1st B-day and love the primary colors!

Pam said...

This is such a cute little 1st birthday card and an adorable image!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Margreet said...

Adorable card in fab colors!
Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug's AG challenge!
xxx Margreet DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...