Thursday, August 30, 2018

Get Well Wishes

I don't send too many get well cards, or at least not up until now. But a family member has been having some medical problems and I just wanted him to know we were thinking about him and keeping him in our prayers. So I made this card.


The image is the Old Well from Beccy's Place. The sentiment is from the same stamp set. I die cut the image and sentiment with Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitch Rectangles. I used scraps from my scrap box for the wood grain paper and the backing green cardstock. I used Stampin' Up! corner punch to add some corners on both the outside and inside the card. I am entering these challenges;
We'll be away this weekend to visit my FIL and stock up his wood for the coming winter. That seems a long way off but it will be here soon than we want. I'm looking forward to enjoying a little fall weather first. I do hope I can take some crafty things with me. Thanks for stopping by. If you are a U.S. friend, happy Labor Day weekend!

Donna

5 comments:

Stef H said...

fabulous - as always!
i cannot believe it's labor day weekend already. august sure flew by.
hope you have a great weekend.

Beccy said...

Sending a fabulous hand made card is a wonderful way to let your family member know that you're thinking of him Donna, I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated. I hope he is on the road to recovery very soon.
Cheers,
Beccy

Pam said...

Lovely get well card! Lovely image and you colored it beautifully!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

MaryH said...

Such a lovely design, and you've colored it beautifully. Love those x-stitched mats, and don't work too hard. I expect winter will be here before we are really ready for it. I'm looking forward to a cool fall. I hope the Fall lasts a little longer than our Spring did this year! TFS & Have a good weekend.

Lin said...

I love this sentiment, Donna! Such a lovely image to go along with it, too, thank you for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...