Monday, August 13, 2018

A Savior is Born

I bet you can guess what today's card is going to be. LOL! Working on Christmas when I can. I rarely have enough of them made when the time comes to send them. And I make 30 cards for my FI: each year. I thought this might be the card I'd make for him but he didn't think anyone would read the entire verse on the front so he didn't want this kind of card. I will admit that I was trying to make it easy on me so I guess I will have to start again and keep thinking.


This was a super simple card. The image and verse are from Eureka Stamps. The image is Bethlehem with Verse. I printed it out and then use Copic Y15 to color the star and windows/doors of the town. Then added yellow Stickles to the star. I mounted it on Yellow card stock. Easy Peasy! I like this one and if I need additional quick Christmas cards this just might be the one I do this year. I am entering these challenges:

Thanks for stopping by! Take care.

Donna

10 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, love the sentiment. Sometimes the easy ones are the best. Great non-traditional color.

AlisonC said...

The yellow is perfect here shining out from the houses and highlighting the star. I'm sure you'll find the person who will appreciate it! Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

Rosie Guiher said...

Donna I like your Christmas card. Nice and simple yet to the point of the season. Cute birthday card.

Lucinda said...

The yellow looks great here and adds cheeriness to the black and white of the image and verse. It's always good to have some simple makes up your sleeve come Christmas time! Thanks for sharing with us at 52CCT.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this card- I think people would read it....Just beautiful!!!

Fabiola said...

quelle magnifique carte Donna, très jolie scène, le jaune illumine l'ensemble, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Gorgeous card, Donna!

Pam said...

Donna, this Christmas card is beautiful! I love the sentiment!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

NanaConnie said...

This is spectacular in its simplicity, Donna, and I love that you're celebrating the reason for the season! It's so great to see you playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely Christmas card… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...