Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Watt's Up

Hello! My computer has gone to the shop. I've been missing it since last Saturday and hoping it comes back soon. I snagged a little bit of time on Tom's computer this evening so I am posting a card that I got done for a nephew's birthday.


This is really a conglomeration of a lot of different stamp sets. I started with the Simon Says 2014 Watt's Up? stamp set. I inked the background with Distress Oxide Inks (Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade) and then stamped the image and sentiment on top. I die cut it with MFT Stitched Circles and backed it with black card stock. The "Birthday Dude" sentiment is embossed with white embossing powder. The "birthday" came from the MFT Birthday Bear stamp set and the "Dude" came from a Simon Says 2014 All Boy stamp set. I had to mask the rest of the sentiments to just get those two words together. The designer paper is scraps from my scrap box backed with black card stock. Here's the inside.


The inside sentiments: "High Five! Happiest of birthdays" is from the MFT More Essential Sentiments stamp set. This turned out pretty good, I think.
I am entering these challenges:

That's it for me tonight. I am hoping it's not it for this week but we'll see how long it takes to get my computer back. Ugh! I hate to be reminded how dependent I am on it. Unfortunately it's the truth. Tomorrow I go volunteer at the twins' Head Start class. The highlight of my week. We have them all day Saturday too so their parents have some recreation time. Love having them around. Take care. Have a wonderful week if I don;t get back and I'll be around to visit as soon as I can.

Donna

6 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, this is a fabulous card! Love the light bulb.... Dude!

Pam said...

This is a great birthday card! Love the light-bulb!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Jenée said...

Wonderful card, Donna. I really like the little image you've used. Nice use of our sketch. Thank you for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very cool! Love the image. How fun to get to spend time with the twins- I am hoping new pics to come soon?

Nélida Cordón said...

Awesome! Great birthday card.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs
Hugs

Beatriz said...

Great birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs, Beatriz DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...