Tuesday, July 24, 2018

So Worth Celebrating

I needed a quick birthday card today. I'm a bit behind in getting birthday cards ready. So I used several new stamps and dies that I just got from My Favorite Things.


I started out making a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inch background with distress oxide inks: salty ocean, broken china and peacock feathers. I used a layering technique from Jennifer McGuire. When the background dried I die cut it with MFT Collage Cover-Up die. I think I will be using this die a lot because it will be great for scraps. So the four pieces are from that die cut and I have a bunch more to use for other cards. I glued them to the background blue-green card stock and then added the cake from MFT Birthday Bears colored with American Craft markers and die cut with the coordinating die. The sentiment is from MFT Anything-but-Basic Birthday Wishes stamps set and was stamped with MFT Blue Yonder pigment ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder. The hardest part was getting a background that I liked. But I love the card.
I am entering these challenges:

Hope your Tuesday is going fine! I have a couple other projects I am working on and hope to get done today. Thanks for stopping by.

Donna

2 comments:

crafty said...

A lovely CAS card. Thank you for joining in the QKR Stampede challenge.
Mary

shirley-bee said...

Great CAS birthday card! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...