Friday, July 27, 2018

Final Day of Christmas in July

We've reached the final day of Catch the Bug's Christmas in July challenge. All week the underlying theme has been "Baby, it's cold outside!" For Day 7 we had a photo as inspiration.


The freebie at Bugaboo Stamps this week fits well with this photo.  SoI used it for my card.


The image is Tropical Santa - Buried. I created an oval background (from MFT Stitched Ovals) of beach and sky by making a mask from MFT Stitched Basic Edges 2 and then used the mask to cover and ink each area. I colored the Santa image with Spectrum Noir markers and added some Crystal Stickles to his hat. Santa is popped up from the background with foam tape. The background paper is snowflakes, continuing with the baby, it's cold outside theme. And to give it a pop of color I added the Magnolia Berry Lace die cut with green card stock behind for the leaves and a pop of red card stock. For the berries I added red gems glued into place. The sentiment is from Peachy Keen Stamps Chill Baby Chill Snowman stamp set. So there you have it. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to eke out enough time to finish the challenge but I actually did it. I am entering these challenges:
So now I need to hit the ground running. My FIL in due in about an hour. I need dinner for tonight and tomorrow night done. Twins will be here tomorrow afternoon. My DH wants to spend the weekend at Baby Creek, our weekend retreat which means everything needs to be packed. At least the weather is nice outside. Thanks to all the DT and Josi over at Catch the Bug for a fun week and seven more Christmas cards in my box. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a marvelous weekend!

Donna



12 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Adorable! I love this fun Santa image- might make family cards with this as we will be in Mexico with my SIL for Christmas this year! Yep, she retired there and the kids want to visit her for Christmas. Love your great sketch.
Sounds like you have a really busy weekend! But fun!!!

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Such a cute card Donna. Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug for our Christmas in July celebration. Good Luck.
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Bugaboo DT

Jodie Mackrell said...

cute card! Love the sentiment! (although I wish we could all "chill" at Christmas..LOL)
Thanks for joining us in our Bugaboo Christmas in July event!
Smiles...Jodie (Bugaboo Stamps Owner)

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, your card is adorable and that is a great take on the sketch. Great scene. Thanks for joining in the Christmas in July Catch the Bug Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

Janice said...

Your Christmas in July makes have been very inspiring, always good to make an early start too!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, your card is adorable!

Christine said...

Oh, that Santa makes me smile, and you've featured it beautifully with wonderful coloring and a great background.
Thanks for playing along at AHSC!
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Pam said...

Cute Christmas card Donna! Reminds me of Florida, which is where we just returned from.
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Marge said...

Such a pretty card, Donna! Love your take on the sketch and I love this Santa! So cute. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Marge
×

Golden Goddess Designs said...

love Santa in the Sand! thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Challenge

Alicia

Annette Clark said...

What a fun and fabulous card, Donna! That image is too cute, great neutral paper for a background that complements those pops of color and let's them shine. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Bobby said...

What a fun image and great layout design, Donna. Thanks for sharing at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...