Thursday, June 15, 2017

Happy Father's Day

I ran out of time to make a lot of Father's Day cards this year. The twins kind of took precedence lately but I did manage to get one done for Tom's Dad.


Jennifer McGuire had a video the other day for layering stencils to make backgrounds for cards. I used a couple of her ideas on this card. I used the Neat and Tangled Polygon stencil with Salty Ocean distress ink. I then moved the stencil and used Peacock Feathers DI to create another pattern. But I thought the Peacock Feathers overwhelmed the Salty Ocean so then I put the stencil back to the original set up and ran it through my embossing machine. It embossed the stencil area and gave the whole card a really neat textured affect. I cut the Happy from paper from my scrap box. The die is from Simon Says Painted Happy Birthday Wafer die set. I added some little hearts from Spellbinder's Sweet Wishes die set. The bigger heart is from Lawn Fawn's Stitched Party Banner set. I added Glossy Accents to the large heart and Wink if Stella to the Happy and the small hearts. The Father's Day was computer generated and die cut with MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags.
I am entering these challenges:

We are on the downside of the week. I hope it's been good for you. I found out tonight that the other twin watcher came down with bronchitis so it's back to just me again. Won;t get much crafting done for a while. Next week is Girl Scout Day Camp so I'll be at camp all day and come home to watch the twins in the evening. I'm going to be one tired person next week. Thanks for stopping by.

Donna

7 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Great background. I still don't know how you do all that you do. Where do you have time to watch a video??? Wonderful monochromatic card.

Rosie Guiher said...

Wow Donna love it. I still haven't gotten mine down for my dh. I really like the way yours turned out with the stencil. Haven't tried to emboss with a stencil yet.

Pam said...

I think the card turned out great, love the blues and embossing!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Lin said...

Love these blues, and that big shiny heart, Donna, a very pleasing design! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fabulous background, thank you for the inspiration I'm going to have to have a play now lol!

Thank you for sharing with us at 'Inspiration Destination' this time, hope to see you joining in with us again real soon
Hugs Shell xx

Amy Cohen said...

Beautiful background technique. Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts,
Amy-DT

Unknown said...

This is the perfect background for a Father's Day card. I am sure that he did appreciate it. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Aletha Jane
TTCRD DT
AJ's Designs {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...